Seneca is a privately held consulting engineering firm specializing in industrial process transformation. Our clients are major companies in the resource, energy and food processing sectors. Seneca stands out for the quality, integrity and enthusiasm of its team as well as the respect it has for its clients and its ability to meet challenges. Today, it has over 80 employees including highly qualified professionals, including engineers, technicians and designers.
Working at Seneca means taking part in the development of innovative processes, such as the Lion project. Recycling Lithion's mission is to close the life cycle of lithium batteries, the first step of which is the construction of a pilot plant in Quebec.
You are dynamic, creative, ambitious and looking for new challenges, Seneca offers challenging careers in a team, initiative and innovation work environment.
As an analytical chemist and as part of the Leonion Recycling Lion project, you will have as main responsibility to set up the analysis laboratory for the pilot plant. You will also participate in process optimization and method development.
Reporting to CTO, your responsibilities will be:
- Set up the analysis laboratory;
- Actively participate in the product development process (idea generation, R & D project management, etc.);
- Develop analytical methods;
- Supervise the laboratory team;
- Initiate and coordinate quality control programs;
- Write documents and certificates of analysis;
- Write the technical requirements for new equipment;
- Participate in the development of mass and energy balances;
- Participate in change notices as an expert in process chemistry;
- Any other tasks required to complete the assignment.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor of Chemistry or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years of laboratory experience;
- Member of the Quebec Order of Chemists;
- Experience in setting up a laboratory;
- Experience in the field of lithium ion batteries, an asset;
- Sense of analysis developed, meticulousness and rigor;
- Excellent ability to work tight deadlines;
- Bilingualism oral and written (French and English).
Position: Permanent, full time
Place of work: Anjou, Quebec