MECANIUM supports manufacturing SMEs in Quebec with innovative services in the field of mechatronics. Its mission is to increase their knowledge, productivity, competitiveness and the quality of their products and processes. He works with SMEs in the creation and mechanization of flexible manufacturing processes. If taking on technological challenges and developing your skills is a source of motivation for you. If you want to work in a technological environment and collaborate in the realization of innovative projects with a wide variety of manufacturing companies and have the qualifications, this position is for you ().
As Engineer - automation project manager at MECANIUM , you will have to take on challenges and work on technical and complex projects. We are looking for an experienced candidate who is motivated and willing to play a central role in automation. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate strong technical skills, experience in programming, installation and commissioning of industrial equipment. He should exhibit expertise in systems design, creativity in finding functional solutions as well as a passion for learning various new technologies. He will be responsible for delivering functional projects, while respecting the performance, budgets and deadlines that have been submitted. He will act as a pillar in automation and will be accompanied by another automation resource to support a team of project managers and mechanical designers. He will become responsible for everything concerning the electrical and automation side of the equipment designed and produced.
- Participate in meetings with customers, understand and analyze their problems, develop solutions adapted to their needs ;
- Carry out studies, select the methods and technologies to be used, estimate the costs of electrical design and manufacture of equipment;
- Lead automation projects while being paired as a team with various mechanical project managers and, as the case may be, by monitoring and controlling automation subcontractors;
- Assume leadership responsibilities in automation;
- Establish the logic and sequences of operations, carry out or coordinate the programming and configuration of the automation components involved in the equipment;
- Design, draw, sign and seal the electrical plans, control and / or equipment to be manufactured by integrating the safety elements;
- Coordinate, supervise and if necessary participate in the assembly and electrical connection of the equipment;
- Develop tests, perform commissioning, participating in the installation at the customer's site and providing after-sales support.
- Hold a BAC in Electrical Engineering or Automated Production with the automation and control profile;
- Also hold a DEC or other diplomas related to the field of Automation or in Electrical Engineering will be considered a major asset;
- Have at least 5 years of experience as an Automation Project Manager.
- Possess leadership to lead a project from start to finish;
- Have the passion to work in unusual and complex projects;
- Creative andpassionate about learning new technologies;
- Great autonomy and skills in priority management;
- Rigorous and concerned about respecting deadlines, budgets and performance;
- Dynamic person with a good team spirit and a very good customer attitude;
- Focused on customer service;
- Be a member in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec.
- A competitive salary based on your experience;
- Telework possible (2 days / week, excluding COVID context);
- Regular week of 35 hours;
- Vacation: 4 weeks / year starting;
- Regular schedule 4 ½ days (possible leave Friday PM);
- Group insurance;
- Group RRSP with employer contribution;
- Training paid by the employer;
- Learning and technological challenges to take up.
Position posted until filled.
Anyone int If you wish to submit your application, you must send us her CV and a cover letter ( ref. Engineer, automation project manager ) to the following email address:
11 700, 25e Avenue Est
Saint-Georges (Quebec) G5Y 8B8
The masculine gender is used in order to lighten the text.
Mécanium is concerned with applying the principles of 'equality in employment.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.