With the collaboration of the Director of Engineering, the mechanical engineer coordinates the technical and design activities related to the realization of the projects under his responsibility. He is the day-to-day contact for the client and must be resourceful and flexible to ensure his satisfaction.
More specifically, the mechanical engineer ensures the smooth running of the technical aspect of the projects by regularly supervising the work of the technicians regarding the quality of work and the respect of deadlines. As an intermediary between the director and the technical team, he is called upon to make recommendations for improvement to the director and advises of any problem by requesting his intervention.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend meetings with the client on a predetermined regular basis to provide technical assistance on all details of the current project (s) (permit, plan, etc.);
- Put in place the means to meet the specific requirements of the client in order to meet the expectations of the latter;
- Perform, on a regular basis, monitoring the progress of the project with the client;
- Know the original service contract, the concept and the requirements of the client in order to be able to communicate them to the technicians;
- Participate in the development of the work plan in order to meet the commitments negotiated during the offer of services;
- Assist the director in project monitoring and in the management of the individual performance of the team members in a process of continuous improvement. More particularly:
- Manage and have the team run the concepts application and monitor their execution effectively;
- Coordinate the preparation of plans with architects and other project professionals;
- Coordinate and train the technical team on the specific requirements of the project;
- Design mechanical systems and produce, through his team, the necessary plans and specifications;
- Clearly communicate and ensure compliance with quality requirements and technical requirements in documents prepared under his / her immediate supervision.
- Prepare project service offerings or additional service offerings and see client approval.
- Undergraduate university degree in mechanical engineering;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ), and possess his engineering permit;
- Additional management training, an asset;
- Experience of five (5) minimum in a similar position;
- Experience in consulting engineering;
- Mastery of Office suite software, AutoCAD, and Revit, an asset;
- Mastery of the Québec Building Code and Interpretation Code;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Spirit of analysis and synthesis, adaptability, and priority management.
- Bilingualism (oral and written).
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Group insurance plan;
- Collective Pension Program;
- Reimbursement of public transportation costs;
- On-site chef service;
- Reimbursement of half of the registration fees for a sports center;
- Outstanding workplace located in downtown Montreal.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
* The masculine is used for the purpose of lightening the text only.
Ædifica is an architecture, design and engineering firm with more than 210 employees in Canada, the United States and Haiti in the fields of architecture, design of work environments and commercial, engineering and sustainable development. Our practice is based on an integrated, multidisciplinary and evolutionary approach combining design and realization.
The success of Ædifica’s collaborative approach is based on the individual contribution of each member of our team, for which we strive to promote the personal and professional development of our employees. We offer you a powerful and stimulating work environment focused on pooling efforts, where everyone is expected to surpass themselves according to their aspirations. We are aware of the challenges of modern life and offer flexible working conditions that make your life easier, inside and outside the office. Our commitment to sustainability is reflected in our work environment: at Ædifica, you are encouraged to make responsible choices for your own good and that of the community.