Seneca is a privately held consulting engineering firm specializing in industrial process transformation. Our clients are major companies in the resource, energy and food processing sectors. Seneca stands out for the quality, integrity and enthusiasm of its team as well as the respect it has for its clients and its ability to meet challenges. Today, it has over 80 employees including highly qualified professionals, including engineers, technicians and designers.
Working at Seneca means taking part in the development of innovative processes, such as the Lion project. Recycling Lithion's mission is to close the loop of the life cycle of Lithium batteries, whose first step is the construction of a pilot plant in Quebec.
You are dynamic, creative, ambitious and looking for new challenges, Seneca offers challenging careers in a team, initiative and innovation work environment. Apply directly on our website!
Reporting to the Process Team Supervisor, you will complete projects in an industrial environment and assume the following responsibilities:
- Participate in meetings, meet clients and present technical information;
- Develop customized concepts in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team;
- Develop preliminary and detailed engineering;
- Perform mass and thermal balance calculations;
- Perform various calculations (piping, pumps, heat exchanges);
- Work with the project designers and drafters;
- Produce piping and instrumentation diagrams (P & ID);
- Perform simulations on different software, such as IDEAS, Arrow FT and PipeFLO;
- Participate in the development of piping specifications and the selection of instruments;
- Produce technical data sheets;
- Perform technical analysis of submissions and equipment selection;
- Participate in the commissioning and provide technical assistance on construction sites;
- Conduct studies and risk analyzes;
- Write reports and documentation.
Skills and Requirements
- University degree holder in chemical engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Experience in consulting engineering and operational plants (an asset);
- Certificate of ASP Construction;
- Bilingualism (French-English) both orally and in writing;
- Practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Adaptability, rigor and sense of organization;
- Excellent team player and good communicator;
- Mobile and / or available to travel.
Position: Permanent, full time
Place of work: Anjou