RIMOUSKI, QUEBEC OR MONTREAL
WSP is one of the largest professional services firms in the world. We are more than 42,000 experts working every day to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada alone, we are more than 8000 people involved in all fields; from environmental sanitation to urban planning, from the engineering of emblematic buildings to the realization of sustainable transport networks. We are finding new ways to extract vital resources and develop renewable sources of energy for the future.
We are recognized for the excellence we demonstrate in our professional environment and for the superior quality of our work. We are one of the best employers in Forbes Canada, one of the top 100 sustainable companies in the world (among the top 10 in Canada). We earned Platinum Elite recognition through our participation in more than half of the top 100 infrastructure projects in Canada.
At WSP, we are proud, professional and passionate people. Join our team.
WSP is currently looking for a coastal modeling specialist: Coastal Engineering, Physical Oceanography or Coastal Geomorphology for our office located in Rimouski, Quebec or Montreal.
- Carry out characterization studies of the coastal and marine environment, including the analysis of metocean data (winds, waves, water levels, currents, ice, temperature, salinity) of coastal dynamics and hydrosedimentary processes
- Carry out hydrodynamic studies using different numerical models (SWAN, TELEMAC, DELFT-3D, MIKE21, XBEACH) for the modeling of coastal processes, such as currents, waves, coastal submersion, sedimentary transport, as well as for the characterization of water quality (dilution and dispersion of effluent in a marine environment);
- Perform data processing using computer tools (Matlab and ArcGis) and perform statistical analyzes and calculations to support the realization of projects and the production of databases;
- Collaborate on environmental assessments and analyzes for risk studies on erosion and marine submersion, protection and coastal development, dredging and navigation studies;
- Coordinate and support the planning of measurement campaigns in the field (topography, bathymetry, ADCP, CTD, turbidity, etc.);
- Support the design process of coastal protection works in the framework of erosion and coastal submersion studies (rip rap, wall, beach refill, groynes, etc.), creation of coastal habitats and sizing of port works (wharves, marinas, breakwaters, navigation channels, dredging works);
- Write study reports and technical notes;
- Participate in drafting service offers.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Physics and / or Geography with a Master’s degree in Coastal Engineering, Marine Hydraulics, Oceanography or Geomorphology (or equivalent);
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in coastal engineering, marine hydraulics, oceanography or geomorphology (orequivalent);
- Editorial ability, analytical skills, autonomy and teamwork skills;
- Skill and programming experience (Matlab, Fortran, Python);
- Knowledge in instrumentation desirable;
- Excellent communication both in writing and in writing;
- Bilingual (English, French);
Job postings for positions in the field and subject to security are conditional on candidates being able to perform key physical tasks as described in job offer and during the interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in bad weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our company and the projects we’ve been involved in, visit our website A World of Opportunity.
WSP welcomes and encourages people with reduced mobility. Accommodations are available on request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principle of employment equity. Only selected applications will be contacted.
Please apply via our website in the Career tab.