Are you keen to have a real impact on optimizing the performance of production lines, designing and implementing innovative solutions? We are looking for someone passionate about continuous improvement to join our team on the South Shore of Montreal, in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
Under the responsibility of the president , the continuous improvement engineer improves the productivity, efficiency and profitability of operations, recommends and implements changes relating to the organization, working methods, use of equipment, automation certain procedures while ensuring the health and safety of staff.
He (she) will have the first mandates:
- Optimization of the pressing process in order to increase productivity, maximize raw material and reduce rejects;
- Optimization of the scheduling of the various manufacturing processes in order to achieve optimal yield.
- Assess current operations, facilities and methods and recommend improvements in order to optimize and improve processes and productivity while pursuing health and safety risk reduction objectives;
- Perform cost / budget estimation calculations and gain analysis in profitability;
- Analyze needs and perform automation opportunity diagnostics to increase production capacity, design robotics systems, prepare design quotes, supervise installation and forecast maintenance measures necessary to ensure its proper functioning;
- Coordinate projects for the implementation of improvement action plans within budgets and pre-established schedules;
- Implement best manufacturing practices (Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, SMED, ...) in collaboration with production and manage changes;
- Ensure that changes are maintained by means of controls;
- Coordinate product engineering and issues quality related to products;
- Perform any other related task relating to the exercise of their functions.
- Bachelor or master's degree in automated production engineering or specialization in automation or industrial engineering or operations and logistics engineering or robotics engineering;
- Member of the Order of engineers (asset);
- Specialization in manufacturing system or experience in process optimization and automation in the manufacturing field;
- Practical experience in the design, development, implementation of automation technologies and in the programming and installation of manufacturing equipment and robotic cells (asset);
- Experience in project management;
- Knowledge of the field of command machining digital (asset);
- French written and spoken;
- Computer skills: C #, SQL, VB, Autocad, numeric control system ique, cutrite (Asset);
- Good Lean Manufacturing skills;
- Mobilizing, influencing and communicative leadership;
- Autonomy, versatility, initiative, organized and structured;
- Ability to lead several projects at the same time and good management of priorities;
- Ability to problem solve and analyze;
- Creativity and resourcefulness.
Located in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu since 1997, Thermovision currently has 110 employees. Since the creation of the company,We have developed expertise in the custom manufacturing of cabinet doors across Canada and the United States.
Our vision, our future!
Thermovision invests in order to become a clean, efficient Lean company. We want to be recognized as Number 1 in our markets and become THE solution through our customer experience. Our success will be the guarantee of a dynamic and mobilized team.
Our values are the reflection of our corporate culture and our way to act. Teamwork, respect, innovation, performance, pleasure and commitment are at the heart of relationships and decisions at Thermovision.
Joining the Thermovision team means joining a dynamic, stimulating work environment where your ideas will be encouraged while benefiting from advantageous conditions such as:
- Remuneration competitive according to experience;
- Work-life balance;
- Possibility of occasional telework;
- Opportunities for advancement and stimulating challenges;
- Refund of College contributions;
- Group insurance and a pension plan;
- Location only 30 minutes from Montreal and away from traffic;
- 12 paid public holidays;
- A reimbursement of expenses related to physical activity;
- An employee discount applicable on doors and accessories.
Our environment and the challenge inspire you? N Wait no more, send us your curriculum vitae via this site.