The successful candidate will be involved in the planning and execution of business development activities in engineering (marine mechanics, environmental technologies on board ships, new technologies of interest to the marine sector). She will work with the engineering team and have a general mandate to maintain a project book consistent with the resources and expertise in place.
Functions and Responsibilities
In collaboration with the team in place, the director will develop a business development plan to allow a strong positioning of the organization in the field of R / D in engineering and promote the increase of his business volume. The person will have to:
- Define and implement business development strategies and practices.
- Support the team in the development of new project ideas.
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts for projects.
- Promote Maritime Innovation's expertise to companies in the sector.
- Evaluate business opportunities and support actions leading to the confirmation of research partnerships.
- Draft, with the support of the team, project proposals, service offers and funding requests.
- Prepare agreements and contracts with partners and customers.
- Validate the quality of the deliverables produced in the projects.
- Do post-project follow-ups with partners and clients.
- Participate in representation activities that enhance the influence of the corporation.
Profile searched (requirements / assets)
- University Degree in Engineering (BAC or Graduate Diploma)
- Recognized expertise in engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Creative and results-oriented mind
- Knowledge of the maritime sector (asset)
- Familiar with research and funding organizations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a management / development position
- Bilingualism (French / English)
- Demonstrated experience or interest in applied research
The position is located in Rimouski and requires frequent travel. This is a permanent position, full time (35 hours / week). The current salary range is $ 70,525 to $ 108,570. In addition, Maritime Innovation offers an advantageous range of social benefits.
Submission of applications
Interested persons are requested to send their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae by June 26, 2019, by e-mail to Only those applications will be contacted.