Want to be part of a dynamic team and work on innovative projects? Join us! BPA is an engineering consulting firm specialized in building systems. We are passionate about energy efficiency and sustainable development. Throughout the years, our firm has left its mark on the urban landscape of several cities in the province of Quebec and in the Ottawa and Gatineau regions. BPA has worked on a long list of bold, innovative and prestigious projects that has earned the firm an enviable reputation in the industry and an array of prominent awards and distinctions.
BPA employs more than 450 seasoned professionals with offices in Montreal, Québec City, Lévis, Longueuil, Laval, Gatineau, Ottawa, Vancouver and Alger.
We are currently seeking Electrical Building Systems Engineers with a minimum of three to five years of experience for our Montreal, Laval and Longueuil offices as well as for our project office located at Montreal-Trudeau airport.
- Oversee, coordinate, review and design various electrical engineering projects
- Work as part of a team on medium- and low-voltage design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Establish contact with clients to better understand their needs
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conduct various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical distribution calculations and coordinate with Hydro-Québec for new distribution, as needed
- Evaluate electrical construction costs
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Three to five years of experience in engineering consulting
- Knowledge of Hydro-Québec’s standards, an asset
- Knowledge of Hydro-Québec’s distribution system, transportation and power station, an asset
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
- Leadership and excellent customer service
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Asset - Proficient in English
- Asset - Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering completed or in progress
What we offer
- A dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- An ongoing training program within the work environment
We want to thank all those who applies to this position. However, only the selected candidates will be contacted.