Want to be part of a dynamic team and work on innovative projects? Join us! BPA is an engineering consulting firm specialized in mechanical, electrical and structural building systems. We are passionate about energy efficiency and sustainable development. Throughout the years, our firm has left its mark on the urban landscape of several cities in the province of Quebec and in the Ottawa and Gatineau regions. BPA has worked on a long list of bold, innovative and prominent projects that has earned the firm an enviable reputation in the industry and an array of prestigious awards and distinctions.
BPA employs more than 400 seasoned professionals with offices in Montreal, Quebec City, Lévis, Longueuil, Laval, Gatineau, Ottawa and Vancouver.
BPA is currently seeking an Electrical Building Systems Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years experience for its office in Montreal, Laval or Longueuil.
- Act as a Discipline Lead and manage the schedules and fees of assigned projects
- Prepare various types of proposals
- Manage teams of technicians, designers and engineers and coordinate the work of the various internal and external experts as part of electrical design projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Perform technical supervision, coordination, verification and design of electrical building systems for various projects
- Ensure client’s satisfaction throughout the project
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt electrical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conducts various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Perform and verify electrical connection calculations and coordinate with the various providers (Hydro-Québec, Bell, Vidéotron, etc.) for new connections when needed
- Do interdisciplinary coordination with external professionals
- Prepare budget estimates and construction costs in electricity
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (specializing in building systems) and member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec or College degree in Electrical Technology
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexible, independent and skilled communicator
- Leadership and strong customer service skills
- Expertise in the construction codes applicable to electrical building systems
- Proficient in French, both spoken and written
- Asset – Proficient in English
- Asset – Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering completed or in progress
What we offer
- A dynamic work environment in a expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- An ongoing training program within the work environment
We want to thank everyone who applies for this position. However, only those selected will be contacted.