Under the supervision of the head, project management, the incumbent coordinates, manages, analyzes and plans all activities related to the realization of studies of pre-project concepts, plans and specifications and project achievements high-power power supply for recharging a fleet of 100% electric buses.
More specifically, as part of the STL facilities expansion project and the electrification of the bus fleet, he is the STL's official representative for the electrical component with external partners such as Hydro-Québec and the City of Laval.
He develops and maintains privileged links at the level technical with the various departments of the city of Laval, Hydro-Québec, the Ministry of Transport of Quebec, the Regional Authority for Metropolitan Transport, the Association of urban transport of Quebec and other transport organizations in common.
Details of responsibilities
As such, this person will be called to:
- Plan, supervise and carry out the daily follow-up of the deliverables entrusted to it and ensure their achievement according to the established deadlines in order to ensure the follow-up of the tests and the commissioning with internal and external partners such contractor responsible for carrying out the work in collaboration with Hydro-Québec;
- Validate the operational needs for the electrification component in collaboration with internal partners and operational needs with external professional services;
- Review in detail the relevant contractual documentation to ensure a complete understanding of the technical requirements;
- Participate in the analysis of drawings, specifications and requirements for both internal customers and external partners;
- Perform required reviews and design of plans, specifications and details in electrical equipment based on guidelines in the field of energy production (production and transformation of electrical energy for HV, LV and MV installations);
- Participate in the specification and selection of electrical equipment instruments and equipment according to the specifications of the customer, manufacturers of charging stations, electric vehicles of current standards, etc. ;
- Validate the relevant engineering deliverables, for example functional analyzes, drawings, material lists, electrical diagrams, application software, equipment purchase specifications, test procedures, technical descriptions and guidelines, etc. ;
- Collaborate in defining in detail the required electrical equipment, wiring diagrams and diagrams of the required electrical system;
- Supervise the preparation and evaluation of technical sheets electrical installations to ensure compliance with external partners and ensure validation for commissioning;
- Ensure that documentation, administrative formalities and records are complete and kept up to date, in accordance with the procedures and work processes established by the STL;
- Find technical solutions to meet the requirements of the project;
- Collaborate in the documentation required to develop the programs training for employees;
- Perform all other related tasks that may assist in carrying out the project.
- Hold a university degree re undergraduate in electrical engineering or all experiencesdeemed relevant;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Have a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in project implementation and in the field of energy production (production and transformation of electrical energy for HV, LV and MV installations);
- Have a good understanding of all electrical systems, in particular rectifier modules, transformers, switchgear, electrical filters, protection and metering systems, etc. ;
- Knowledge of standards and regulations on building (chapter V) and civil construction as well as their applications in the realization of projects;
- Knowledge of HQ standards (an asset);
- Be able to read plans and specifications;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the various management levels;
- Excellent command of the French language (written and spoken);
- Master software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project;
- Health and safety card on construction sites, an asset;
- Have a driving license.