Kontron Canada is recruiting an Embedded Software Architect.
We are looking for people with bold ideas and innovation mindset to influence what the embedded computers of the future will look like.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary, experienced and dynamic engineering team always motivated to meet new challenges. You will define the software solutions for our products used in various markets such as Telecommunications (vRAN / 5G / Edge), Avionics, Medical, Industrial and Transport.
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you have a solid knowledge of software development concepts, design patterns, different types of architecture, if you are intellectually curious and have a desire to help customers solve their software challenges related to the embedded world.
If you are interested in participating in the definition, development, integration and implementation of solutions for these cutting-edge fields and you are a talented and creative leader, passionate about technologies and best practices related to the software and embedded systems world, then this position is tailor-made for you.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHALLENGES AHEAD:
- Have a global vision of current and future technologies of the market and guide the organization’s technological choices;
- Create links with technologies that meet the organization business needs and ensure the continuity of technologies currently in place;
- Make recommendations to the management teams concerning the approach, consistency, reuse, quality and development methodology;
- Discuss with customers to fully understand their needs and suggest the best solutions to resolve their challenges;
- Make suggestions to refine work methods and increase the quality and efficiency of development teams;
- Ensure alignment of designs and development efforts with actual and current customer needs.
- Define and ensure the integration of technological architectures and propose innovative solutions to integration issues;
- Ensure a quality design that includes the stability, performance and systems security;
- Maximize productivity by establishing guidelines for development, design and other technical standards;
- Make sure that all the components of the architecture are properly implemented.
- Work in collaboration with hardware architects and systems engineers to ensure cohesion between proposed solutions and technical requirements;
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers to ensure proper alignment of technologies with the product roadmap established by Product Management;
- Help and support our pre-sales and business development team to solidify our product proposals and while giving customer confidence in our offering.
- Train other members of the development team through code reviews, formal presentations and coaching;
- Provide a focal point for all technical questions and initiatives on the project;
- Provide advisory and troubleshooting support to development teams.
YOU WILL IMPRESS US IF YOU HAVE:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related field;
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience;
- Deep technical understanding of programming languages such as: C, C++;
- Deep technical understanding of multi-CPU and controller based embedded systems;
- Deep technical understanding of embedded operating systems such as Linux, Yocto or equivalent;
- Experience using or designing systems that use network protocols such as Serial, TCP/IP, Ethernet;
- Experience with OpenSSL and other symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic libraries;
- Experience in key management and key distribution;
- Experience in OS hardening.
- Profile: Autonomy, teamwork, communication skills, rigor, determination, sense of responsibility and customer orientation;
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology;
- Expertise with distributed environments (Docker, Kubernetes) using IOT technologies (MQTT etc),knowledge of embedded development;
- Experience with real-time OS (QNX, Zephyr, etc.);
- Experience with compliance regulations/laws, security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, ISO, OWASP, etc.);
- Experience with public key encryption (PKI) in the embedded space.
- Languages: French and English (speaking and writing).
HOW ABOUT AN EXCEPTIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDING:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- Good balance between work-family-personal life, including the possibility of teleworking;
- Social and sports activities, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path in various sectors of activity;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…