Want to act in the collective interest? At Stantec, we are at our best when we innovate together, where collective interest, creativity and customer needs. We are guided daily by our imagination, our ingenuity and a deep understanding of the society around us. We are a global network of 22,000 employees across 400 offices and 6 continents. Founded in Canada, Stantec is today the third largest engineering firm in North America. Here in Quebec, we are a team of 1,500 engineers, professionals, designers, project managers and technicians. Our 20 offices can count on strong and committed local leadership. Are you looking for a stimulating work environment that promotes work / life balance and flexible working hours? Be part of a dynamic team, focused on evolution by joining our team in the Longueuil office.
The incumbent will have as main tasks to participate in the development of different types of hydraulic and hydrological studies.
- Studies in the field of municipal infrastructure, including analysis, modeling and simulation of drinking water, wastewater and rainwater networks. The person will also work on specific calculations and hydraulic verifications as well as on master plans and sizing of urban infrastructures.
- Studies concerning river and maritime hydraulics, including flow analysis and simulation, development of watercourses, design of hydraulic structures, and dam safety.
- In addition, depending on the needs, related tasks in the field of hydraulics could be carried out.
Responsibilities according to the different types of studies
- Participate in the realization of hydrological and hydraulic studies;
- Participate in the realization of dam safety;
- Carry out hydrological studies and analyzes;
- Carry out calculations and modeling of flows in watercourses, in canals or any other hydraulic structure;
- Identify the problems;
- Identify innovative solutions to respond to problems;
- Make recommendations in the context of various files;
- Produce master plans for sewer, drainage or drinking water networks;
- Write opinions, notes and technical reports (including permit applications).
- Baccalaureate in civil engineering or equivalent;
- 2 years of relevant experience;
- Master's degree in hydrology and hydraulics (asset);
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Fluency in spoken and written French;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (asset);
- Able to write reports;
- Familiarity with simulation software used in hydrology and hydraulics including Epanet, PCSWMM, AquaGéo, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, ABSCOUR, Mike-21, River-2D and others
- Knowledge of other software and tools such as (ArcGIS Autocad, Excel and others);
- Able to work in a team, to work under pressure and to move around. ur visit a site;
- Has a driver's license;
- Knowledge of the standards and requirements applicable in Quebec (environmental requirements, MTMDET and MAMH directives and others).
What we offer
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 hrs / week;
- Flexibility of 'hourly;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Reimbursement of expensesprofessional association membership;
- Flexible group insurance plan;
- Group RRSP;
- Employee share purchase plan;
- Training and skills development program.