The engineering service started in 2020 a transformation of its service by adding divisions and by creating several new positions of managers, engineers and administration specialists.
This new reorganization of the service was necessary since the city of Laval is growing. This evolution brings many challenges and a large diversity of mandates to be carried out in the coming years.
Work at the Engineering Service in the City of Laval is working in a perspective of Sustainable development and innovation with a multicultural team where resources are available to carry out your projects.
The challenges are completely present in your daily life!
come to build the future of Laval with us, your expertise is in demand as:
engineer project manager
Execution of works
The challenges awaiting you:
you will see effective implementation and The conformity of the realization of municipal infrastructure work in order to achieve the objectives at the level of the deadlines, the costs as well as the quality of the work. To this end, you will ensure monitoring of work either: coordination, administrative and technical management of the projects of which you will have the responsibility.
you will provide all relevant information with regard to Monitoring, design and carrying out projects in your field of expertise.
You will have the responsibility to prepare plans and quotes in accordance with provisions, laws and regulations of the Order of Engineers of Quebec.
more specifically you:
- will participate in site meetings during the execution of the work, will ensure the application of plans and quotes and will exercise technical monitoring on the work accomplished;
- will organize, supervise and supervise the resources assigned to the site;
- will ensure the link with The engineer-designer for technical assistance required on the site;
- will check the plans, specifications and materials required for realization ation of work under its field of expertise and during the changes offered under construction;
- Seal plans, preliminary estimate and quotes for the realization of infrastructure projects.
why consider a job within the city de Laval:
- A work schedule of 75 hours per week, allowing to reconcile work and personal life;
- 16.5 holidays per year including several days off during holidays;
- 3 weeks paid for days illness at the start of the year in addition to 3 weeks of annual vacation (in proportion to the months worked);
- position eligible for work in Hybrid mode ;
- Competitive group insurance;
- Determined service regime.
The profile sought:
- Baccalaureate in construction engineering or civil;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- owning six (6) years of experience notably in Vaux of municipal infrastructure ;
- Excellent coordination skills, monitoring and being oriented result;
- and have a car.
The selection process includes different stages such as:
- Pre-employment verifications and a security authorization survey
you too, take part in change!
Apply before July 5, 2022, going to
the city of Laval Applique An access to equality in employment. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, natives and disabled people to apply. for the latter, do not hesitate to share with us special arrangements necessary, in order to be invited to a selection process.