Come and make a difference in a modern, booming city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Supply Department, the City of Laval is looking for a:
Head of Division - Distribution and Purchasing Center
The Supply Department is responsible for the management of purchase contracts with companies of goods or services and municipal stores, recovery and municipal pound
Its mission is to ensure to the various municipal services the supply of quality goods and services at the best cost for the taxpayer, and this, in accordance with the commercial agreements in force, the regulation on contractual management and the Code of conduct for suppliers of the Ville de Laval.
The challenges that await you
Reporting to the director, you will organize, direct and control all activities rel iies to the proper functioning of the store, its supply and the management of centralized and decentralized stocks of the City. To this end, you will manage the proper maintenance of inventory integrity and replenishment to meet the needs of internal customers, on time. In addition, you will ensure the proper functioning of the municipal pound as well as activities related to auctions as well as the recovery of City property. As a division head, you will collaborate in the strategic planning of the service, participate in the establishment of orientations, objectives and programs with regard to your area of expertise and in the development of the annual objectives of your division, according to the major orientations of the service. You will recommend measures to optimize the performance of the various activities of your work team.
You will thus manage a dedicated team to ensure an exceptional level of internal and external customer service:
- the procurement process for over-the-counter purchases;
- the issuance of purchase orders framed by existing contractual agreements;
- the operation of the Distribution center according to the best practices of inventory management;
- to ensure the timely availability of dedicated goods to customers;
- to the operation of the pound municipal including the return of seized vehicles in accordance with applicable laws and billing if applicable;
- the storage of goods seized during evictions, including billing if applicable and the delivery of goods;
- to the preparation, organization and publication of public auctions and their proper conduct, in particular invoicing, collection, delivery of goods acquired;
- support and updating of computerized inventory management systems.
As a member of the Service management team, you will ensure the proper functioning of the division and be responsible for its performance and the achievement of its objectives in order to achieve its objectives. You will assess and recommend the human, material and financial resources required for the smooth running of the activities for which you will be responsible and will manage the budgets made available to you. You will be required to submit detailed reports and may be called upon to prepare and deliver presentations at different levels withinthe organization in relation to the activities for which you will be responsible.
Results-oriented, you will supervise, guide and supervise the members of the team in the achievement of their respective mandates, determine the general order of priorities , define the objectives and inform about your expectations. You will evaluate performance, recognize performance and promote staff development by recommending their training.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant or related field;
- Have five (5) years of experience in operational management such as '' a large-scale distribution center with a diverse customer base;
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in multidisciplinary team management;
- Have management experience unionized staff is an asset;
- Have experience working with an integrated warehouse management system (ERP) as well as in the implementation of various projects.
- Be oriented towards customer service and towards results in order to be able to identify the issues leading to the optimization of processes.
- Demonstrate coaching and team mobilization skills as well as to maintain a harmonious work climate.
- Unifier and proactive and positive management
- Having the ability and willingness to advance and technologically innovate the Distribution Center
- Demonstrate communication skills and political acumen.
- Ability to analyze, react quickly and only to make quick decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure, resistance to stress;
- Be available evenings, weekends and holidays according to emergencies.
Here is what we offer you
- Schedule of 33.75 hours per week
- A permanent status with a full range of social benefits.
* Note that the successful candidate will have to pass a security clearance survey.
Ville de Laval is constantly on the lookout for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to offering you a stimulating work environment!
Take part in the change as soon as possible now and apply to no later than November 15, 2020.
Ville de Laval has an equal access employment program. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.