Want to act in the collective interest!
At Stantec, we are at our best when we innovate together, where collective interest, creativity and customer needs meet. We are guided on a daily basis by our imagination, our ingenuity and a deep understanding of the society around us. We are a global network of 22,000 employees spread over 400 offices and 6 continents. Founded in Canada, Stantec is today the third largest engineering firm in North America. Here in Quebec, we are a team of 1,500 engineers, professionals, designers, project managers and technicians. Our 20 offices can count on strong and committed local leadership. Notice to interested candidates at the start of their careers; despite the technical skills required, great importance is given to work attitude and human competence. Do not hesitate to attach a cover letter to demonstrate your interests and ambitions!
Building engineering continues to evolve with increasingly intelligent systems . Building automation, access control, video surveillance, audiovisual and many other systems must be interconnected over a robust and reliable infrastructure to enable communication and interoperability between systems. Join us in designing innovative solutions that will shape the way buildings are maintained and operated.
Your Opportunity There is an opportunity at Stantec's Longueuil office to join our multidisciplinary team and support our Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) group in Eastern Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and execution of large and complex projects, especially in the healthcare sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring coordination with other disciplines and meeting client needs.
Responsibilities • Provide support in ICT at our various offices and projects in Eastern Canada. • Coordinate and be responsible for engineering drawings and specifications in ICT. • Prepare technical documents for planning, call tender and construction. • Contribute to the design of local area network (LAN), including network devices, cabling and physical spaces. • Contribute to the design of various ICT systems, including control access, video surveillance, wireless coverage, audiovisual, building automation, guard calls and public calls. • Maintain strong customer relationships for the execution of projects and participate in business development. • Help prepare technical and financial service offers.
Your human skills
- Positive work attitude and a thirst for learning for a constantly evolving field.
- Independence, resourcefulness and dynamism. Ability to seek information and consolidate everything rigorously.
- Technical writing skills; writing reports, proposals, letters and technical specifications.
- Good verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
- The candidate must be fluently bilingual.
Your technical skills
- Experience in the design of physical infrastructure and network cabling (telecommunications rooms, server rooms, cable tray, interconnection, etc.)
- Experience in designing or implementingservice of one of the following systems: access control, video surveillance, wireless coverage, audiovisual, guard call, real-time location, VoIP, public call, intercom or building automation.
- General understanding of network protocols and concepts (IP addressing, subnet masks, VLAN, link aggregation, DHCP protocol, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards (ANSI / TIA, BICSI, IEEE, CSA, OBC, NBC).
- Knowledge and experience of products from major manufacturers in the industry.
- Willing to travel for short periods of time as needed , to attend site meetings or to perform technical surveys.
- Ability to use AutoCAD or Revit is considered an asset.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent training in networking and computer science.
- Able to obtain a Canadian government security clearance.
- Around 5 years of experience in a related field.
- RCDD, CCNA or CISSP certifications are considered an asset.
What we offer
- Teleworking during the period of control of the spread of COVID-19 and then at the Longueuil office. (Possibility of working in the office if teleworking is not suitable).
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 hrs / week;
- Flexible hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible group insurance plan;
- Group RRSP;
- Employee share purchase plan;
- Training and skills development program.