Come make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects favoring the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to providing you with career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Department of Culture, Recreation, Sport and Social Development (SCLSDS), the City of Laval is looking for a:
You will be responsible for understanding, analyzing and documenting the needs of the various SCLSDS divisions in terms of projects. major infrastructures and their contractual issues. You will be responsible for compliance with and respect for the scope of the project in relation to the requirements specified by the SCLSDS management and agreed with the Project Lead Department. In this capacity, you will coordinate and lead the SCLSDS efforts and activities related to the projects and will oversee the activities of the various SCLSDS specialists assigned to them.
You will act as an intermediary between the SCLSDS project manager and the various applicant divisions of SCLSDS. Your role is to make sure that the solution proposed for the project is in line with the needs expressed, from the justification phase to the closing phase. You will ensure that the scope of the project is mastered so that it is carried out effectively, efficiently and adequately, while respecting the operational needs and the budget of the division concerned in order to allow optimal support during the implementation of the project. in operation of the project by it.
Moreover, you will have to make sure to develop and maintain an effective communication network in order to allow constant reports with the various stakeholders at the level of the municipal administration. in addition to ensuring the collaboration of the resources of the different departments involved in the projects.
And more particularly, the advisor:
- Acts as a resource person major infrastructure projects relating to the various fields of intervention of the Service. Uniformizes and structures the process of identifying the infrastructure needs of the various divisions in relation to the Service's development plan, so that they are properly communicated to the municipal departments responsible for project management.
- Participates, advises and supports the divisions of the Service in the development and monitoring of the master plans of the various municipal infrastructures.
- Revises the planning and project implementation processes with the different services municipalities to oversee their work with a view to continuous improvement and the optimization of resources. Formulates the appropriate recommendations as to the impacts and the necessary changes or adjustments.
- Prepares and performs presentations and representations at the various crossing points necessary to approve the continuation of the various projects.
- Ensures compliance with the scope and schedule of projects and ensures the updating of projects when required.
- Coordinates the commissioning of various infrastructure projects including it is responsible for ensuring an adequate transition between the prime contractor and the Service division which will ensure the operation and management of the infrastructure.
- Analysis, in collaboration with the various divisions of the Service, andmakes recommendations as to the acquisition or disposition of land and buildings that can meet the infrastructure needs of the various fields of intervention of the Service.
The profile sought :
- Bachelor of Business Administration or a relevant field;
- Six (6) years of experience relevant to the above description;
- Possess knowledge and experience in project management;
- Possess experience and skills in presentation and representation in various jurisdictions;
- Demonstrate proficiency in consulting and support to internal teams;
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and develop good interpersonal relationships and partnerships;
- Have an excellent mind analysis and synthesis.
Here is what we offer: