MOBILITY MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
INTER VIA is looking for an intermediate engineer in mobility management. The person hired will participate in the growth of the company and the realization of major projects.
Why choose Intervia?
- Annual bonus program;
- Flexible hours and telework;
- Group insurance coverage;
- Additional leave for personal reasons and for celebrate your birthday;
- Innovative and adapted IT tools;
- Annual continuing education program;
- A fulfilling and motivating work space in the heart of Villeray;
- Dynamic and passionate team.
The engineer ( e) in mobility management must have between three (3) and five (5) years of relevant experience, hold a bachelor's degree in engineering and demonstrate good organizational skills and resourcefulness. We are looking for a meticulous and efficient person, capable of working in a team and with different interlocutors. The person should also feel comfortable responding to the unexpected and taking initiative. The person will also demonstrate an excellent customer-centric approach and a keen interest in business development.
Without being limited to it, the engineer will be responsible for the design of plans and specifications, the monitoring and coordination of the obstacles as well as the implementation of mitigation measures to reduce nuisances during the works (management of impacts). The engineer must also help develop INTERVIA's services in the field of traffic engineering (business development, preparation of service offer).
Design of plans and specifications
- Design of plans and specifications for maintaining traffic
- Design and validation of traffic management scenarios
- Identification of detour routes and optional routes
- Feasibility, logistics and impact studies
- Production of signage boards (AutoCAD)
Supervision and coordination of works
- Validation of signal boards
- Preparation of requests for intervention and barriers
- Coordination of closings with the signaling subcontractor
- Coordination of the intervention of the entrepreneur with the various stakeholders (MTQ, SQ, PJCCI, SPVM, cities and boroughs , emergency services)
- Work in collaboration with partners (STM, boroughs, etc.)
- Compilation of the amounts payable for payment requests for signage
- Checking the detour paths before closing
- Carrying out site inspections and field surveys
- Checking and checking the condition of the premises before the tracks are reopened
- Verification of compliance with the prescribed time slots for closures
- Assistance to road users in the construction site area
- Plan and monitor and execute the mandate
- Write technical reports
- Management of pedestrian and bicycle links during the works;
- Recommendation of a police presence and / or signalers;
- Use of variable message signs;
- Management of impacts on access to shops, inst itutions and / or residences;
- Management of traffic light configuration in conditions ofconstruction site;
- Relocation of on-street parking spaces;
- Planning of major obstacles at night if possible;
- Coordination with neighboring construction sites;
- Relations with partners, businesses and residents;
- Management of the accessibility of public transport during the works (moving bus shelters or reserved bus lanes).
TRAINING AND SKILLS SOUGHT
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering or its equivalent;
- Relevant experience of 3 to 5 years in the mobility management;
- Hold the ASP Construction card (general health and safety course on construction sites, STC-102 and STC-201);
- OIQ member;
- Have a valid driver's license;
- Good communicator, leadership and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ease of managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Vision strat clearly demonstrated;
- Great capacity for analysis and synthesis;
- Good command of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and design software (Autocad);
- Knowledge of impact studies and transport planning, Synchro software, AutoTURN, STI software, an asset
- Consulting engineering experience, an asset;
- Excellent command of French, both oral and written;
- Bilingualism (English and French), an asset.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter by email to by mentioning the title of the position to be filled in your message, before May 25, 2020. We will only communicate with candidates selected for an interview.