GBi is looking for a building mechanic with experience in consulting engineering for our Repentigny office. The technician will be actively involved in projects on behalf of institutional, industrial, residential, private and public clients.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Correctly interpret drawings, drawings and technical specifications provided by reference or those prepared by other professionals for coordination and / or integration purposes;
- Know the codes, standards and references applicable in Quebec;
- Design and prepare technical plans (plumbing, regulation, ventilation, cooling and heating);
- Carry out surveys of mechanical installations and plan their layout;
- Perform calculations of different mechanical systems according to proven methods;
- Choose and select different mechanical equipment;
- Coordinate mechanical installations with facilities in other disciplines: electricity, architecture, structure, civil, food services and others;
- Participate in the preparation of cost estimates for the work;
- Perform the shop drawings verification submitted by the contractors;
- Upon request, perform inspections and produce lists of work to be corrected and / or completed.
- Hold a college diploma with a specialization in building mechanics;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in building mechanics;
- Relevant experience in consulting engineering;
- Relevant experience in buildings in the health field (an asset);
- Excellent french writing;
- Knowledge of load calculation software (TRACE, HAP, ...);
- Knowledge of the following software: Word, Excel, Autocad and REVIT (an asset).
The proposed salary will be modulated according to your relevant and transferable experience.
We offer a full range of benefits and a dynamic work environment based on the development of our human resources.
If you are interested in this position, I invite you to apply at