Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Electrical Engineer coordinates the technical and design activities of assigned building projects. As our clients’ main point of contact, the ideal candidate is a resourceful and flexible individual capable of consistently meeting their needs.
The electrical engineer oversees the technical aspects of projects under his/her responsibility, supervises technicians and controls work quality, while ensuring operations run smoothly and deadlines are met. Acting as the intermediary between the Director and the technical team, the Electrical Engineer is also called upon to recommend improvements and advise the Director of issues requiring attention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director with regularly scheduled client meetings and provide technical assistance on current projects (permits, plan, etc.)
- Establish ways to ensure specific requirements are fulfilled, and keep clients informed about the progress of the project
- Understand the original service contract, design and client requirements and convey information effectively to technicians
- Develop work plans with other team members to ensure services are executed according to negotiated terms
- Assist the Director with project monitoring, in particular :
- Manage and ensure effective application of project design and delivery
- Coordinate the drawing of plans with the architects, structural engineers, etc., and check that all the requested corrections are made
- Coordinate and provide training to the technical team on specific project requirements
- Coordinate professional technical support for team members
- With the team, design electrical systems and produce plans and specifications
- Communicate effectively and monitor technicians and designers for compliance with the documents’ technical and design requirements, ensuring the work meets the highest quality standards and reinforces our competitive edge
- With the support of the Director, develop a work plan and monitor project profitability, and ensure the team fulfills the requirements thereof
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ), with a valid permit
- Complementary management experience considered, an asset
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Consulting Engineering experience;
- Proficiency in Office suite, including;
- Solid knowledge in AutoCAD;
- Knowledge in Revit;
- Solid knowledge of building electrical code and interpretation code
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Good synthesis, analytical and priority management skills
- Bilingual (oral and written).
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Group insurance plan
- Group retirement plan
- Reimbursement of public transit fares
- On-site chef service
- Partial reimbursement of gym membership fees
- Exceptional workplace in downtown Montreal
And much more!
Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Ædifica is a full-service architecture, design and engineering firm, which employs more than 210 professionals in Canada, the United States and Haiti. Services include architecture, workplace environments, commercial development, engineering and sustainable design. Our practice is built around an integrated, multidisciplinary and evolving approach that brings together design and execution. Ædifica’s success depends on a strong team, where every individual is fully engaged. We do our utmost to promote our employees’ personal and professional development by offering a productive and stimulating work environment, where you can excel and pursue your aspirations. Our flexible working conditions foster a healthy work-life balance. And our commitment to sustainable development is reflected in our workspace: at Ædifica, we urge and encourage everyone to make responsible choices for themselves, for the team and for the community at large.