MOBILITY MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
INTER VIA is looking for a junior engineer or CPI in mobility management. The person hired will participate in the growth of the company and the realization of major projects.
Why choose Intervia?
- Annual bonus program;
- Flexible hours and telework;
- Group insurance coverage;
- Additional leave for personal reasons and for celebrate your birthday;
- Innovative and adapted IT tools;
- Annual continuing education program;
- A fulfilling work space close to the metro and Jean-Talon market;
- Dynamic and passionate team.
The junior engineer must have a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience, hold a bachelor's degree in engineering and demonstrate good organizational skills and resourcefulness. We are looking for a meticulous and efficient person, capable of working in a team and with different interlocutors. The person should also feel comfortable responding to the unexpected and taking initiative. The person will also demonstrate an excellent customer-centric approach and a keen interest in business development.
Without being limited to it, the junior engineer will be responsible for the design of plans and specifications, the monitoring and coordination of the barriers as well as the implementation of mitigation measures to reduce nuisances during the works (management impacts). The junior engineer must also help develop INTERVIA's services in the area of traffic engineering (business development, preparation of service offers).
Design of plans and specifications
- Design of plans and specifications for maintaining traffic
- Design and validation of traffic management scenarios
- Identification of detour routes and optional routes
- Feasibility, logistics and impact studies
- Production of signaling (AutoCAD)
Supervision and coordination of works
- Validation of signaling boards;
- Preparation of requests for intervention and of obstacles;
- Coordination of closings with the signaling subcontractor;
- Coordination of the intervention of the contractor with the various stakeholders ( MTQ, SQ, PJCCI, SPVM, vill es and arrondissements, emergency services);
- Work in collaboration with partners (STM, arrondissements,);
- Compilation of the amounts payable for payment requests for signage;
- Checking the detour roads before closing;
- Carry out site inspections and field surveys;
- Check and check the inventory before the reopening of the tracks;
- Verification of compliance with the time periods prescribed for closures;
- Assistance to road users in the site area;
- Plan and ensure the follow-up and execution of the mandate;
- Write technical reports.
- Management of pedestrian and bicycle links during the works;
- Recommendation of a police presence and / or signalers;
- Use of variable message signs;
- Management of impacts on access to the door of shops, institutions and / or residences;
- Management of the configuration of traffic lights in conditions ofconstruction site;
- Relocation of on-street parking spaces;
- Planning of major obstructions at night if possible;
- Coordination with neighboring construction sites;
- Relations with partners, businesses and residents;
- Management of the accessibility of public transport during the works (moving bus shelters or reserved bus lanes).
TRAINING AND SKILLS SOUGHT
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering or its equivalent;
- Relevant experience of at least 1 year in the mobility management;
- Hold the ASP Construction card (general health and safety course on construction sites, STC-102 and STC-201);
- Member of the OIQ;
- Have a valid driver's license;
- Good communicator, leadership and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ease of managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Large capacity analysis and synthesis;
- Good command of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and design software (Autocad);
- Knowledge in design studies impacts and transport planning, Synchro software, AutoTURN software, STI, an asset
- Experience in consulting engineering, an asset;
- Excellent command of French both spoken and writing;
- Bilingualism (English and French), an asset.
Please send your CV and a cover letter by email to mentioning the job title fill in your message, before May 25, 2020 . We will only communicate with candidates selected for an interview.