Founded in 2014, EERS Global invents, designs and tests in-ear advanced technologies to accelerate go-to-market of game-changing products. Our cutting-edge technology augments the human experience in communication in challenging situations, hearing protection, biometric and wellness monitoring, brain computer interfacing, and is repeatedly validated in the field and some have become an ANSI Standard.
Through co-development partnership, we bring a stream of new products to market. Beyond prototyping, we produce actual scalable, easily transferable, manufacturable product taking the development execution risk out of the equation.
A global centre of excellence in research in acoustics, audio and biosignal processing, in-ear technologies and product development, we attract high-caliber scientists and engineers to our team. Our head office is located in the heart of downtown Montreal. We offer competitive salaries as well as a great team environment. EERS Global is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity.
We are looking for a Junior Hardware Designer to work with the various R&D teams to design the next-generation platforms projects currently under development at EERS Global. The responsibilities cover all phases of product development and as well as a wide variety of tasks: from high-level architectural analyses to hardware debugging. We are looking for someone who is able to take ownership of their project and make it happen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with various R&D teams on new products and product evolution, design, and validation of systems modules
- Learn, own, and document the current designs: maintain accurate documentation throughout the development and testing process
- Produce and maintain printed circuit board designs, wiring diagrams, schematics, and documentation as needed
- Participate in design reviews
- Interact with contract manufacturers to do prototypes and production runs, and improve production yield
- Design test fixture to perform hardware testing, programming and characterize their physical limits (ex: temperature)
- Debug and fix hardware issues on early prototypes and assembled units
- Train production technicians, when needed
- Supervision and direct participation in the construction of prototypes
- Comply with company and government standards, and safety regulations
- Interact with accredited laboratories for product/instrument EMI and low voltage safety certification
- Develop and test firmware for hardware control
- Hands on approach
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Applicants should have at least 2 years of experience
- Altium or equivalent PCB Design Software: 2 years
- Design of complex, high density and multi-layer PCBs
- Integration of audio components
- Integration of radio-frequency components
- Comfortable using lab equipment
Nice to have experience with:
- Experience of product UL/CSA/CE certification.
- Previous experience with hardware design architecture
- Experience in the wearable Industry
- Embedded software development: experience with control firmware development, testing, and debugging in C/C++ programming environment
- Ability to efficiently communicate and design ideas and solutions
- Curious problem solver who thinks out of the box – someone who can pull from various ideas to resolve technical challenges
- Effective communication skills in English and French
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Hands-on approach to building prototypes.
- Ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects
- Candidate must have a valid work permit and currently reside in Canada
Please consult our current list of open positions on our company career page: .