Want to be part of a dynamic team and work on innovative projects? Join us! BPA is an engineering consulting firm specialized in building systems. We are passionate about energy efficiency and sustainable development. Throughout the years, our firm has left its mark on the urban landscape of several cities in the province of Quebec and in the Ottawa and Gatineau regions. BPA has worked on a long list of bold, innovative and prestigious projects that has earned the firm an enviable reputation in the industry and an array of prominent awards and distinctions.
BPA employs more than 450 seasoned professionals with offices in Montreal, Québec City, Lévis, Longueuil, Laval, Gatineau, Ottawa, Vancouver and Alger.
The Laval office is currently seeking aMechanical Building Systems Engineer with a minimum of five years of experience.
This position includes traveling in northern communities in Nunavik and Nunavut.
- Oversee, coordinate, review and design various mechanical engineering projects (projects of different scales from $100K to $40M)
- Work as part of a team on mechanical building systems projects for institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential facilities
- Establish contact with clients to better understand their needs
- Conduct surveys of existing installations
- Analyze, design and adapt mechanical building systems
- Develop new systems and improve existing ones
- Conduct various assessments: building decay, preliminary evaluations, energy conservation, etc.
- Evaluate mechanical construction costs
- Prepare specifications and technical reports
- Provide technical assistance to designers
- Assist in onsite work surveillance
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (specializing in Building systems) or in Building Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Five years of experience in engineering consulting
- Interest in the challenges in Northern 55th parallel and Nordic reality
- Available, resourceful and versatile
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator
- Leadership and excellent customer service
- Proficient in French and in English, both spoken and written
What we offer
- A dynamic work environment in an expanding firm
- Flexible summer schedule all year long
- Competitive salary
- Complete range of benefits
- Valuable coaching through our mentoring program
- An ongoing training program within the work environment
We want to thank all those who applies to this position. However, only the selected candidates will be contacted.