Kontron Canada is looking for a candidate who has bold ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit. This is to invent the future in terms of how the embedded computer will evolve.
Our corporate culture is nourished by intellectual curiosity, innovation, effort you put into practice and which pushes you to implement solutions that seem impossible for others.
Our employees define the basics of the onboard computer from yesterday to ... what you see in the future. Our main products are deployed in systems on the backbone of Internet, they are liquid cooled in autonomous vehicles, they serve nursing stations in the medical sector, they assist truck fleets for real-time monitoring and finally they are deployed in 5G technology.
The ideal candidate for this role has a solid knowledge of the mechanical fabrication of elements that act as a computer structure. He is responsible for discovering how to operate the onboard computer on an environmental level by simulating the thermal interactions of elements present in the system.
If you are interested in innovation, teamwork, development, integration, and implementation of solutions for these cutting edge areas and you are talented, creative, leader, passionate about technology and best practices related to thermal, then this position is tailor-made for you.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.
- You will be responsible for mechanical engineering functions in the following areas: design, analysis and documentation. This includes but is not limited to new product development and sustaining engineering of current and legacy products utilizing standard engineering practices;
- You will evaluate thermal cooling solutions to solve board level and system level cooling challenges (typically conduction, natural convection, forced air cooled and water cooled);
- You will work in close collaboration with other disciplines in the R&D team, primarily hardware engineers (PCB design) and systems engineers to ensure all requirements are met on the product requirements matrix;
- You will leverage best practices with respect to DFM (Design for Manufacturability), DFX (Design for Assembly), tolerance stack-up reports and Interference checks;
- You will contribute to product test plans and detailed test reports in collaboration with our systems engineers and the QA group;
- You will select the mechanical components and generate the product nomenclature;
- You will assemble and verify the prototypes for the product FAI; you will write the inspection report and discuss the assembly process;
- You will support the production group for the manufacturing of systems;
- Finally, you will contribute to a positive and constructive work atmosphere.
THE IDEAL SKILLS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical Engineering;
- Specialization: 3D design and modeling, documentation, structural and thermal simulation;
- Experience: Ideally a minimum of 7 years (preferably in fields related to electronics);
- Knowledge: Mechanical design software (SolidWorks, Solid Edge), thermal simulation (IcePak, FloTherm, SolidWorks Simulation); preferably experienced with sheet metal design, EPDM, FEA and CFD analysis; 2D ANSI 14.5 documentation with familiarity with GD&T Standard;
- Assets: Detailed knowledge of industry standards in the following fields: telecommunications, avionics, military, industrial, medical and automotive;
- Profile: Excellent team player and communicator, creative, resourceful, proactive, adaptable and flexible;
- Languages: French and English (spoken and written).
We are proud to offer a motivating work environment as well as various benefits, among others:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including access to telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- A concern of a good balance between work-family-personal life;
- Social and sports activities for all tastes, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path with various possibilities of advancement;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…