Seneca is a private engineering consulting firm specializing in industrial transformation processes. Our customers are large companies in the resource, energy and food processing industries. Seneca sets itself apart for the quality, integrity and enthusiasm of its team, as well as for the respect shown to its customers as well as its ability to meet challenges. Today it has more than 80 employees comprising highly qualified professionals, including engineers, technicians and designers.
Working at Seneca means taking part in the development of innovative processes, such as the Lion project. Recyclage Lithion's mission is to close the lifecycle of Lithium batteries, the first step of which is the construction of a pilot plant in Quebec.
You are dynamic, creative, ambitious and you are looking for new challenges, Seneca offers stimulating careers in a work environment focused on team spirit, initiative and innovation. Seneca is growing and looking to hire the services of a:
Reporting to the Mechanical Team Supervisor, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop innovative technical solutions and concepts tailored to customer needs;
- Perform design calculations (mechanical, piping);
- Write and revise equipment specifications and make the selection;
- Assign tasks to less experienced engineers and technicians and revise their work;
- Supervise the production of layout and isometric drawings of piping in collaboration with the team designers;
- Ensure that specifications and plans correspond to guidelines, code requirements and other regulations;
- Actively participate in the procurement process (call for tenders , bid analysis, technical monitoring);
- Participate in project control, including cost control and the follow-up of the schedule;
- Estimate and plan the chosen solutions;
- Support construction work in progress and participate in the commissioning of systems;
- Represent the area of expertise with various clients and stakeholders;
- Write reports and documentation.
Skills and requirements
- Holder of a university degree in mechanical engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 15 years of '' engineering experience;
- Relevant experience in chemical process projects, an important asset;
- Certification from ASP Construction;
- Bilingualism (French-English ) both orally and in writing;
- Excellent communication and technical writing;
- Mobilizing leader and excellent team worker;
- Done Demonstrates rigor, judgment and is results-oriented;
- Demonstrates great adaptability.
Position: Permanent, full time
Place of work: Anjou (QC)