MECANIUM supports manufacturing SMEs in Quebec with innovative services in the field of mechatronics. Its mission is to increase their knowledge, productivity, competitiveness and the quality of their products and processes. He works with SMEs in the creation and mechanization of flexible manufacturing processes. If taking on technological challenges and developing your skills is a source of motivation for you. If you want to work in a technological environment and collaborate in the realization of innovative projects with a wide variety of manufacturing companies and have the qualifications, this position is for you ().
Summary of the function
You will have to invent and create new production equipment. You will act as a project designer-manager in support of other project managers as well as in charge of your projects and stakeholder in technology transfer to clients.
- Analyze and fully understand the customer needs in order to offer functional solutions adapted to their projects;
- Be able to quickly assess the scope of prices and deadlines for the completion of the proposed concepts, according to customer needs ;
- Design and model all concepts using SolidWorks in order to manufacture new equipment;
- Carry out specifications, plans, calculations, monitoring documents, reports;
- Establish the operating modes, speeds, rates, capacities, performance to be achieved with the new equipment to be developed;
- Accompanied by a manufacturing technician, update testing equipment and transferring technology to clients;
- Effec kill the selection of components and materials for the manufacture and assembly of equipment;
- Meet with customers and suppliers.
- Hold a BAC in mechanical engineering;
- Minimum experience of 5 years relating to the design of industrial equipment.
- Possesses a leadership allowing to lead a project from start to finish;
- Likes to take up complex and original challenges;
- Has great autonomy and skills in priority management;
- Has a very good knowledge of SolidWorks software;
- Creative, initiative spirit , rigorous and concerned about respecting deadlines, budgets and performance;
- Dynamic with a good team spirit and a very good customer attitude;
- Member in good standing of the Order engineers from Quebec.
- A competitive salary according to your experience;
- Telework possible (2 days / week, excluding COVID context);
- Regular week of 35 hours;
- Vacation: 4 weeks / year starting;
- Regular schedule of 4 ½ days (possible leave on Friday PM);
- Group insurance;
- Group RRSP with contribution from the employer;
- Training paid by the employer;
- Learning and technological challenges to take up.
Position posted until filled.
Anyone interested in submitting their application must send us their CV and a cover letter ( ref. Engineer, project designer ) at the following email address:
Or at the following postal address:
11 700, 25e Avenue Est
Saint-Georges (Quebec) G5Y 8B8
The masculine gender is used in order to lightenthe text.
Mécanium is keen to apply the principles of equality in employment.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.