Every day, our transportation teams travel more than 40,000 kilometers to serve our customers to recover by-products from the agri-food industry. Thus, every year, Sanimax recovers more than 2 billion kilograms of by-products that would otherwise be dumped. These by-products are renewed in highly specialized factories by our operations teams to be transformed into high quality products and finally returned to its many customers who make many household products.
Be proud of your job: Work for an employer with Quebec roots in a strong economic sector!
Sanimax offers relocation plans for those who want to move to Montreal. Sanimax is looking for a Process Engineer-Environment and R & D, Engineer for its Canadian plants.
The Environment and R & D process engineer is responsible for several environmental projects related to air treatment and wastewater treatment in the different districts of Sanimax. He is also involved in numerous research and development projects in various sectors, including conducting tests on transformation processes and the scientific research and experimental development program. In addition, its expertise is required to improve environmental processes through data analysis, new control strategies, new technologies, and equipment modifications or installations. He designs environmental control equipment and systems with a thorough understanding of equipment functions and ongoing responses.
The Process Engineer – Environment and R & D will be responsible:
To act as project manager and technical resource for environmental processes of air and wastewater treatment:
- Provide direct technical design support for capitalizable capital projects, equipment changes and facility improvements;
- Conduct the design of environmental equipment and processes as well as the preliminary and detailed engineering of various improvement projects;
- Maintain rigorous technical standards for project execution, design, equipment characteristics, safety, timelines and cost control;
- Writing functional descriptions for process control to ensure equipment efficiency and safety, commissioning projects
Study, analyze, test, recommend and implement changes to environmental processes for:
- Ensure compliance and reliability of environmental processes;
- Increase processing efficiency, minimize waste and / or reduce costs;
- Ensure that all aspects of an operation or process comply with the applicable regulations and the conformity of the reports to be produced to the relevant authorities;
- Support and participate in troubleshooting and troubleshooting the plant;
- Perform tests to optimize processes and establish operating parameters and different modes of operation;
- Write and / or validate training manuals, work instructions and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and provide training on topics related to environmental processes.
Participate in various innovative projects and is the lead technical officer of the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRDE) program:
- Manage the RSDE program.
- Lead or participate in innovative research and development projects (eg, water and air treatment study project, investigation and solution research project on transformation lines) and could also be called upon to support product development projects …);
- Work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a related field;
- Or have equivalent work experience;
- Member of the OIQ (Mandatory).
Knowledge and Experiences:
- Practical experience (design and operation) and understanding of air and wastewater treatment systems;
- Knowledge of multivariable techniques for the realization of experimental design, drafting of test plans and reports and implementation of process modifications;
- Demonstrated experience in developing process control strategies and writing functional descriptions;
- Understanding of process diagrams, P & ID, 3D representation, spatial orientation;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, OSI-PI, MS-Project, data analysis and simulation software, autoCad, Visio, …);
- Understanding of steam supply systems and / or steam boilers, control of atmospheric combustion emissions (an asset);
- Training and / or work experience in value-added production (« lean ») and Six Sigma (an asset
- More than five years of experience in environmental issues management;
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment where processing processes are used.
- Analytical, structured and rigorous;
- Decision making based on technical data;
- Excellent communication skills, in both English and French, both orally and in writing, including technical writing;
- Leadership skills and ability to connect, especially the ability to understand and achieve results with others;
- Demonstrated skills in research, problem solving and innovation;
- Curious and willing to learn;
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment (agility and openness to change);
- Change Management Expertise (an asset);
- Ability to plan, organize, strategize and manage multiple projects of a technical nature simultaneously;
- Customer orientation and results.
JOIN US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE!
Sanimax2018 # L1-PM1
Sanimax offers equal employment opportunities for everyone. The masculine is only used to lighten the text. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.