Under the supervision of the head, procurement and materiel management service, the incumbent is responsible for planning, developing, executing and coordinating the strategic and specific procurement mandates associated with the project Extension of the STL phase IV garage. To this end, he is part of the Phase IV project team which aims to build a garage for 2024 to increase the parking and maintenance capacity and allow the recharging of the possible new fleet of 100% electric buses from the STL.
Consequently, he reports to the Phase IV project manager in a matrix manner. He sees to the development and upgrading of the project supply plan and to the development and integration of supply strategies with all stakeholders in projects to acquire goods, equipment, professional services and execution services of construction works associated with the different stages of the project allowing to optimize the deadlines, costs and risks within the framework of the realization of this project.
It acts to title of advisor to the project manager, contract administrators and the project team. He coordinates all purchasing activities in phase IV and seeks to maximize purchasing synergy for any purchase that is not directly associated with phase IV, but which is required for the existing one. He is a resource person for the application of best practices, processes and acquisition management systems related to construction project management.
Details of responsibilities
- Manage the application of the procurement policy in the context of acquisitions associated with the phase IV project and in accordance with the approved procurement strategies, coordinate directly in compliance with the acquisition cycles, the contract administrators and the personnel concerned in the management of project acquisition files with applicants and suppliers;
- Collaborate with the legal services of the STL in the development of acquisition strategies, in the preparation of tender documents throughout the acquisition process and in the administration of contracts;
- Ensure the development , setting up, monitoring and upgrading the supply plan performance indicators, dashboards and other decision-making information tools adapted to construction acquisition projects;
- Ensure periodic reporting on the progress of the supply plan as well that the means of mitigation in order to respect the planned calendar for the award of contracts and escalate the challenges linked to its achievement to the manager, supply and management of equipment, to the phase IV project manager and to the project steering committee; li> Develop and lead jointly with the manager, procurement and material management, the project manager and with the other team members the appropriate procurement strategies to be implemented for the award of contracts, including a procurement strategy. 'responsible purchasing;
- He is also responsible for coordinating the team of contract administrators assigned to the project. In this capacity, he will provide them with the supervision and support necessary to ensure the smooth running of the project supply stages; 4 to those carried out by the corporate purchasing team necessary for operationspotential stakeholders in the new garage;
- Analyze current practices, design, recommend and implement the development of practices to improve the performance of the management of construction acquisition projects;
- Analyze market trends and competitive positioning allowing the identification of operational and commercial improvement opportunities, and make sure to maximize the market of available suppliers specific to the project niche in compliance with the regulatory framework of the STL and existing processes;
- Act as an advisor in the planning of identified needs and the preparation of acquisition quotes related to the required calls for tenders and competitive bidding, during validation cost analyzes and proposals specific to the different projects and participate in negotiating contract changes;
- Learn about the acquisition needs upstream by participating in various project management meetings, defining operational and functional needs of all the STL business sectors requested, site meetings and all relevant meetings if necessary;
- Ensures the planning, preparation, animation and follow-up as secretary of the selection committees for the awarding of contracts in professional services;
- Performs all other related tasks at the request of his superior.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Engineering, Operations Management , law or other field relevant to the job;
- Ten (10) years of experience in the field of construction supply for large-scale projects including relevant experience in team management;
- Knowledge of the process, tender rules and experience as a secretary or member re selection committees for the award of contracts in professional services in the public sector;
- Good knowledge of the Office Suite and advanced level of Excel;
- Excellent communication skills and able to influence;
- Rigor and solid organizational, coordination and planning skills;
- Critical and analytical mind;
- Autonomy and initiative;
- Bilingualism (an asset).