Our primary value? The "touch of madness".
This is why we are looking for an exceptional person, motivated by the idea of finding new ways of doing things and ready to embark on our wildest projects! Reporting to the New Product Development Manager, the person we are looking for will be in charge of:
- Carry out engineering activities to support the innovation unit in collaboration with the manufacturing engineer;
- Act as a technical leader in innovation projects such as the development of new manufacturing processes, new assembly methods and new raw materials;
- Work with designers and manufacturing operations to develop, improve or reduce the cost of products;
- Act as a reference for the new product development team in terms of new materials, new processes, etc;
- Ensure the technological watch on components, materials, manufacturing processes or any other aspect relating to the products;
- Be responsible for the c packaging design unit in the continuous improvement of processes;
- Supervise and support the innovation team in achieving their objectives;
- Support different departments in their improvement and development projects.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Be recognized as a natural leader and excel in people management;
- Having an insatiable curiosity - always trying new things
- Being able to see the work to be done and who is doing the links quickly between the different tasks and the different stakeholders;
- Have knowledge of workflow management tool;
- A good command of oral and written English is highly desirable, as we have colleagues outside of Quebec.
- Have an interest in wood processing and furniture.
- Have knowledge in 3D drawing software
Why choose South Shore Furniture?
- For a flexible hours and telecommuting - we adjust to your reality.
- For our carpooling mentality - a good excuse to leave the office on time and not exceed 36.5h!
- To have free access to ping-pong tables, video games, yoga lessons, English (and many more!) - it's good to win!
- To have huge discounts on furniture - perfect if you want to redecorate.
- For unlimited coffee and tea - If you need your daily dose, we've got you covered!
- Bonus: at South Shore, we dress relaxed!
We are looking for a passionate person with a bachelor's degree in engineering in a relevant specialty (mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, wood engineering, etc ...) and with 5 to 8 years of experience.