GBi is looking for a building mechanic project engineer with experience in consulting engineering for our Montreal or Repentigny office. The engineer will be required to participate actively in projects of the institutional, residential and commercial sector as well as projects on behalf of public clients and private developers. Your main responsibilities will be:
· Plan, supervise and carry out the design and installation of mechanical systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing) for commercial projects;
· Determine the concepts used to complete the projects according to the client's requests;
· Supervise the preparation of plans and specifications;
· Support technicians, draftsmen as well as junior and intermediate engineers;
· Check and coordinate work in progress in collaboration with other stakeholders (architectural, civil, electrical, etc.);
· Administer the project in collaboration with the administrative department;
· Oversee the preparation of budget and time estimates, as well as reports of plans and specifications;
· Manage project technical staff and participate in site meetings;
· May be involved in work supervision.
· Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering of Building;
· Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
· 8 years or more of experience in a similar position;
· Have relevant engineering consulting experience in major commercial projects;
· Have excellent knowledge of applicable standards and codes;
· Excellent written communication skills.
· Know the software for calculating loads (TRACE);
· Good knowledge of the Office suite.
The proposed salary will be modulated according to your relevant and transferable experience.
We offer a full range of benefits and a dynamic work environment based on the development of our human resources.
If you are interested in this position, we invite you to apply at