Seneca is a private engineering consulting firm specializing in industrial transformation processes. Our customers are large companies in the resource, energy and food processing industries. Seneca sets itself apart for the quality, integrity and enthusiasm of its team, as well as for the respect shown to its customers as well as its ability to meet challenges. Today it has more than 80 employees comprising highly qualified professionals, including engineers, technicians and designers.
Working at Seneca means taking part in the development of innovative processes, such as the Lion project. Recyclage Lithion's mission is to close the lifecycle of Lithium batteries, the first step of which is the construction of a pilot plant in Quebec.
You are dynamic, creative, ambitious and you are looking for new challenges, Seneca offers stimulating careers in a work environment focused on team spirit, initiative and innovation.
Reporting to the client account manager, you will carry out factory projects in food processes as well as conditioning and packaging projects for one of our clients. You will assume the following responsibilities:
- Develop, analyze and evaluate investment requests for packaging and packaging equipment at the plant;
- Work closely collaboration with the different departments in order to establish best practices for the introduction of new equipment, processes and investments;
- Establish, together with the client and with the process team, the design basis , process requirements and project scope;
- Develop preliminary and detailed engineering;
- Perform mechanical calculations;
- Write and revise specifications equipment and make the selection;
- Plan and supervise installation work within a multidisciplinary team;
- Apply health and safety standards in the workplace;
- Ensure compliance with standards, including the Ministry of the Environment, CFIA and the HACCP system;
- Write reports and documentation.
Competencies and requirements
- Holder a university degree in engineering;
- Between 7 to 15 years of experience in engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Experience in food processing and processes;
- Experience in automation and control
- Certification from ASP Construction;
- Experience in consulting engineering and operating plants ( an asset);
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Bilingualism (French-English) both oral and written;
- Excellent technical writing;
- Autonomy, rigor, ability to adaptation and excellent team player;
- Mobile and available to travel.
Position: Permanent, full time
Place of work: Client's industrial site, Montreal (Qc)