Come make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects favoring the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Building Management Service, the City of Laval is looking for a:
Two (2) year contract
The challenges ahead:
Under the authority of the immediate superior, the incumbent sees to the effective implementation and the conformity of the realization of the work in order to reach the objectives at the level of the schedules, the costs as well as the quality of the work. To this end, he coordinates the administrative and technical management of the projects for which he is responsible. It provides applicants with all relevant information regarding the design and implementation of projects in their area of experience. He is responsible for preparing plans and specifications in accordance with the provisions, laws and regulations of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Develops timelines, establishes project or work tracking mechanisms, cost control for projects in progress, and determines what changes need to be made
- Participates in meetings, discussions or meetings with employees of his department, and / or city services and / or representatives of outside organizations to review issues within his area of expertise and to find appropriate solutions
- Ensures that the work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications, reviews and analyzes any requests for additional work and / or quantities, recommends the required change orders
The profile you are looking for:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience relevant to the function
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Experience in project management
- PMP certification, an asset
- Excellent coordination, follow-up and outcome-oriented skills
- Hold a valid class 5 driver's license and own a car
The City of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This evolution brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval initiative, which helped develop the strategic vision of our city: Urban Nature by 2035 . This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today. Working at the Ville de Laval is believing in this vision. It is putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It's working alongside dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in the change!
Apply by July 19, 2019, by going to:
The City of Laval has an employment equity program. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about any special arrangements you may need, should you be invited to a selection process.