The purpose of the Société québécoise des infrastructures is to support public bodies in the management of their public infrastructure projects and to develop, develop and maintain and manage a housing stock that meets their needs.
The SQI offers challenging challenges: 3.1 million square meters in some 1,000 buildings, a portfolio of major projects worth Nearly $ 17 billion across Quebec.
Join our team of more than 900 employees with leading-edge expertise in all aspects of construction, management and operations. buildings. A company committed to innovation and sustainable development.
Whether you want to pursue a career in an urban area or in a region, there are great opportunities for you.
You want make sense of your career? Get in touch with us.
The Quebec government has entrusted SQI with the mandate of develop a Master Plan for the redevelopment and enhancement of the buildings and grounds of the former Royal Victoria Hospital. This plan will ensure the safeguarding and enhancement of this site, which includes green spaces, while optimizing its occupation for the benefit of citizens. As part of this mandate, a consultation process is planned to ensure optimal and consistent use of all buildings and the site, with the greatest respect for the built heritage and in consultation with all parties
More concretely, the work of the Urban Project Manager will involve the development and approval by the municipal and government bodies of the Official Development Master Plan for the entire project. of the site, to concretize this plan by negotiating development and infrastructure agreements with the City of Montreal and, if necessary, to plan the development of the infrastructures required for its implementation.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for planning structuring urban projects. It administers the contracts awarded to professionals and contractors and coordinates the activities of all those involved in the planning of the project. It manages its team of primarily professionals and technicians, plans, organizes, directs and controls activities to meet quality objectives, costs and timelines agreed with the client and / or approved with the government and partners to deliver. the project in line with the objectives of the Corporation.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning or engineering and be a member in good standing of the Order of Architects, the Order of Landscape Architects, the Quebec Association of Planners or the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Possess a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in the planning and management of large projects or ten (10) years with a Masters in Project Management.
- Good knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the development of the territory.
- Demonstrate communication skills (written and verbal) especially in the context of presentation and public consultation, good judgment, a sense of responsibility, a great capacity for analysis, synthesis and decision.
- Do leadership, creativity, and control and supervision skills. Ability to navigate in a complex matrix environment
- Good knowledge of actors and organizations active in the field of major urban and real estate projects in downtown Montreal.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious professional relations with Stakeholders, collaborators and partners from different backgrounds and decision-making levels (City of Montreal, McGill University, Ministry of Culture and Communications, etc.).
- Demonstrate the skills required to manage, rigorously, the expert work of consulting firms.
- Ability to act in a context that requires the negotiation and conciliation of divergent interests.
YOUR TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position has an annual salary of up to $ 97,069 with the exception of overtime. Treatment will vary based on skill and experience, according to the expected scale of the job class. In addition, the SQI offers a stimulating work environment, the most competitive benefits, including participation in a defined benefit pension plan, the possibility of working flexible hours of 35 hours a week, a work / life balance. personal, four weeks of vacation after one year only and the reimbursement of the annual dues to your professional order.
Those interested in this job offer are invited to register their application on our website. website no later than November 26, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a position at the Société québécoise des infrastructures. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Société québécoise des infrastructures applies an equality program and invites women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply.
Accommodation for people with disabilities can be tailored to meet their needs.