JCB General Contractors is a leader in the construction of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings in Quebec. We are currently looking for a project manager to join our growing team and continue to grow the business.
Under the supervision of the President, the incumbent is responsible for the planning and execution of various construction projects ranging from $ 500,000 to $ 25,000,000. He represents the firm to clients, ensures the coordination of all stakeholders involved in projects and ensures the smooth progress of work and optimization of the budget, schedule and quality of service, from the beginning to the end of work.
- Administer, plan and coordinate all stages of a construction project in collaboration with the Superintendent (projects ranging from $ 500,000 to $ 25,000,000);
- Establish and respect deadlines and ensure the progress of the work;
- Negotiate and award contracts to subcontractors;
- Provide communication and coordination with the client, professionals and subcontractors involved in each project;
- Conduct site visits and supervise the work of the Superintendent and Subcontractors;
- Study plans and specifications and make recommendations to optimize process and resources;
- Place purchase orders to suppliers and subcontractors;
- Participate in site meetings
- Rigorously monitor ongoing projects;
- Manage imponderables and extras in the contract;
- Prepare billing to customers and subcontractors in collaboration with accounting;
- Ensure follow-up of the list of deficiencies;
- Manage conflicts where appropriate and put in place solutions in the best interest of all.
- Bachelor’s degree or DEC in engineering or architecture;
- More than 5 years of experience in a similar position for a general contractor in building construction;
- Leadership and good communication skills;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, an asset;
- PMP certification, an asset;
- Good knowledge of Quebec’s building code;
- Excellent analytical skills and strong skills in reading plans and specifications;
- Safety card on construction sites (ASP);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Mandatory Bilingualism (French and English, oral and written).
Working Conditions and Benefits
Main place of work; 3875 Isabelle Street, Brossard (Quebec) J4Y 2R2
Salary according to experience
Continuing Education Program
Employee benefits and social activities
Date of entry; as soon as possible