We are currently looking for a new expert.
Responsibilities of the position
- Conduct investigations into original research and cause of claims involving buildings, road and support structures, site problems, etc.
- Conduct observations and investigations. surveyed at accident or accident sites
- Conduct studies, laboratory tests, simulations and failure analyzes to verify and validate assumptions about the nature and causes of claims and damages
- Assess compliance standards, codes and regulations
- Write expert reports and act as an expert witness at the Court
- Maintain good business relations with our clients and participate in various public relations activities.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or Ph.D. in civil engineering (construction, structure or geotechnical engineering)
- Possess a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience from the following fields of expertise: Construction / modification / repair / stabilization of buildings or structures Analysis / design in building, structure, foundation or geotechniqueo Identification and correction of defects and construction defects Damages and / or collapses of structures Drainages, floods, aqueduct networks and
- Being a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Excellent command of both oral and written English and French
- Practical knowledge of building standards and the National Building Code (CNB)
- Very good skills in analysis / information synthesis and technical writing
- Have a valid driver's license and a vehicle