Excellence creates a lasting impression. Bring your vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit drives us to express our ingenuity in a unique way in the areas of engineering, planning, design and consulting for many of the most prestigious projects in the world. the field of the built environment. We strive to bring excellence, innovation and added value to our customers, while pursuing our core mission, shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office more than 70 years ago and today employs more than 13,000 people worldwide. Since the founding of Arup in 1946, its members have transformed the working methods of the sector. Adapting to an ever-changing environment, our work focuses on ambitious reinvention of a sustainable and sustainable future for cities. Arup is living up to these new challenges: by bringing together people with open minds from different disciplines, investing in research, innovating and inventing better solutions for our customers and the general public
Our Montreal office is currently looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our infrastructure team.
- Lead civil / municipal design (utilities, drainage, pavement) on a variety of scale projects, including urban landscape redevelopment, public domain development and linear infrastructure systems
- Manage client and authority linking and approval applications
- Supervise subordinate staff, guide work, and provide technical supervision and guidance
- Contribute to the growth of civil / utilitarian and municipal skills within the civilian team, including working with the group leadership to recruit and develop the team
- Proactively engage with customers and other engineering partners, identify future business opportunities and develop offerings to support the growth of the team
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines, working with project managers to help accomplish assignments
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on results
- Present technical material in a traditional and innovative way for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Understand and influence trends and best practices in the municipal market, including asset management techniques, new technologies, policy and regulatory approaches
- Participate in local business associations
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in civil engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in civil engineering design and construction
- Current level of skills in French and English (written and spoken)
- Professionally licensed in Quebec as a member of the OIQ, the additional engineering licenses of the Canadian provinces are favorable
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have great organizational skills for our ever-changing environment
- Experience in DB / P3 delivery modeling and work experience in this framework, preferably ina role requiring leadership
- Ability to coordinate an interdisciplinary design team of several companies and offices
- Experience in coordination and administration of major projects, follow-up of implementation plans, development and monitoring of project databases and management of information and documents
- Highly motivated, with strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Experience working with the City of Montreal, MTMDET and other municipal authorities of the greater Montreal area and experience gained with the approval of these authorities
- Mastery of a range of software tools for pavement design (Pavement 2), hydraulic modeling (PCSWMM, XPSWMM, MikeUrban, HEC-RAS etc.), utilities, leveling and / or road design (Civil 3D, Microstation, Inroads, AutoTURN)
- Experience in designing and supervising the construction of green infrastructure systems and / or complete streets while collaborating with multiple stakeholders, including landscape authorities and architects
- Ability to identify and support the achievement of sustainability goals associated with municipal infrastructure systems using programs such as LEED, Envision and SITES
- Ability to take initiatives and decisions
- Good understanding of trade and financial issues.
Share your passion and experience as part of a company that has an international culture and believes in your unlimited potential to succeed.
Arup offers an excellent package of benefits, including health care, equal contribution to group RRSP, vacation and benefit sharing.
Arup is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.