Under the responsibility of the Electrical Engineering Director, the principal engineer - harness and multiplex is the leader of a multidisciplinary team made up of electrical and mechanical engineers and technicians. He is responsible for the design and approval of low-medium voltage electrical diagrams for all vehicles.
- Supervise and manage the team under his responsibility ;
- Plan the need for resources and monitor the project schedule;
- Create and update low-medium voltage electrical diagrams for electric vehicles;
- Develop concepts according to the requirements of the specifications (performance, quality, costs, time);
- Prepare the documentation required for production (BOM, drawings, specifications);
- Build and maintain the design file including calculations, tests, verifications, validations, costs and approvals;
- Support the manufacturing group in the resolution of technical problems in production;
- Participate in design reviews;
- Check and approve new concepts;
- Ensure technological watch.
- Knowledge on 12V and multiplex distribution (compulsory);
- Knowledge of automotive standards (SAE);
- Knowledge of CAN bus concepts and CANalyzer software (Vector suite) ;
- Knowledge of SolidWorks Electrical 2D (Asset);
- Knowledge of Catia - 3ds (Asset).
- Ability to make decisions effectively;
- Ability to evolve in a constantly changing environment;
- Skill in change management;
- Ability setting priorities;
- Ability to develop and maintain a culture of high performance within a work team.
Skills and attitudes
- Demonstrate positive leadership;
- Demonstrate an analytical mind;
- Demonstrate heart iosity;
- Demonstrate autonomy;
- Be innovative.
Training and experience
- Baccalaureate in electrical engineering (compulsory);
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (compulsory)
- 5 to 7 years or more of relevant experience in product development and integration of automotive systems (mandatory);
- Experience in design and integration with low voltage electrical harnesses;
- Experience in team management;
- Experience in mechanical engineering project management.