Our customer, a leading aerospace company, offers exciting challenges in a dynamic workplace that encourages collaboration and continuous improvement. In addition, the successful candidate will benefit from competitive compensation and a safe and healthy work environment.
You will have the opportunity to meet passionate colleagues with diverse work experiences. We will help you reach your goals by taking your career to another level!
Do not wait any longer and join our team !
The incumbent is responsible for the overall manufacturing process, including product design and development, project management, continuous improvement and product qualification.
- Manage production and R&D processes to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products
- Resolve engineering issues and problems by using or developing new techniques, tools and technologies, methods and concepts
- Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects
- Interfaces with internal and external customers to manage current projects and products
- Responsible for full cycle product integration, from submission to completion
- Have a continuous improvement mindset and systematically use total quality tools, such as SixSigma, FMEA, SPC, 8D to perfect the manufacturing process
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies that can improve operations and develop recommendations for implementation
- Forecast operating costs of and provide analysis of methods and standards in order to reduce production costs
- Oversee action plans to ensure deadlines and commitments to customers are met
- Provide support and guidance to all company functions, e.g. manufacturing, quality assurance, and sales to facilitate product integrity and on time delivery
- Participate in troubleshooting and breakdowns root cause analysis in order to identify and gather information to use in further improvements and as learning opportunities
- Evaluate and engage in projects that would reduce hazardous waste and assists in the implementation of environmental improvements
- Train and coach employees in order to improve performance, identify and develop high potential talent, disseminate and transfer knowledge
- Provide timely communication to management and internal/external customers on developments that may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations.
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Engineering software such as CAD/CAM, Solids Modeling, Simulated Structural Analysis, FEA, etc.
- Able to design, create, and manage engineer projects, utilizing project management tools and techniques;
- Good communication skills
- Team Work
- Cost Consciousness
- Planning/Organizing skills
- Computer Skills - knowledge of ERP Systems, Design Systems, Document Control systems. Intermediate level or above in Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- Fifteen (15) to twenty (20) years of experience in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, preferably in the aerospace industry
- Member of the Professional Order of Engineers
- Good knowledge of the aerospace quality standard
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We subscribe to the principle of employment equity.