Laporte is looking for a mechanical engineer for our Quebec City office. The selected candidate will work on various engineering projects for mechanical and HVAC systems for pharmaceutical and food factories, including design, project management and implementation follow-up.
- Leading large-scale projects: Managing client accounts, coordinating a multidisciplinary team, monitoring the financial performance of projects.
- Acting as a project manager technical reference to members of the building mechanics team;
- Participate in the design of building mechanical systems including plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilation, automatic sprinkler systems, as well as of regulation and controls;
- Evaluate the costs of the works, ensure the respect of the budget and the schedules of the customers;
- Participate in the preparation and writing of technical specifications and specifications for soumissi on (National Director's estimate);
- Conduct studies of principle, feasibility studies, preliminary design.
What we offer:
- An environment that promotes day-to-day accountability and effectiveness;
- A stimulating and non-conformist workplace;
- A flexible schedule which leaves room for a balance of life;
- A horizontal structure that encourages professional growth;
- Values that promote versatility, freedom of action and teamwork
- Competitive salary and benefits (transit reimbursement, training, etc.)
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience engineering and / or manufacturing in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or food asset;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and specialized software eg: AutoCAD, Revit;
- Communication ability;
- Sense of organization and rigor;
- Ability to work well with other engineering disciplines, the client and the public. builders.
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail,
- Ability to work in a team,
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Please send your application, being careful to indicate the reference of the position in the subject (Ing.Meca.QC) .
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.