STAS is a world leader in the supply of various equipment to improve the productivity and quality of aluminum. Working at STAS means choosing a world leader specialized in the development, design, manufacture and marketing of high-tech industrial equipment for aluminum smelters. The aluminum producers that can benefit from our technologies range from primary smelters to secondary foundries, through aluminum rolling mills and extruders. Within the sales team, the engineer in Solution Design is primarily responsible for making submissions to ensure customer satisfaction by conceptualizing achievable, cost-effective, and responsive solutions. To this end, he prepares and provides the technical content for submitting submissions. CHALLENGES:
- Develop solutions to offer customers according to the technical vendor's inputs and specifications and build detailed quotes for customers - Analyze customer requests and participate in establishing the need - In case of new designs, evaluate possible solutions and propose feasible, cost-effective and efficient concepts geared to the needs of the client in order to position STAS Inc.'s offer well - To realize the estimations - To use the different possible configurations to meet the needs of the client - To validate in a preliminary way, the feasibility of the adaptations to be made to the equipments and to consider them in the estimation - To make sure of the feasibility of the proposed concepts as well as to verify and control the information received - To make requests for prices during projects larger scale for inputs - Maintain up-to-date knowledge of who has been to the offer of STAS Inc.
- work / life balance (company certified by the Bureau de normalization du Québec [BNQ]); - Flexible schedule - Summer schedule maintained on an annual basis - Various mandates - Dynamic team - Statutory holidays and sick leave additional to what is provided by labor standards - A competitive salary according to the experience and qualifications - An annual bonus program - A physical activity reimbursement program - A range of competitive social benefits (pension plan, group insurance, EAP ...).
- BAC in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience from 6 years to 10 years in a similar position;
- Experience of at least 2 years in estimation
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of design / machine safety standards, electromechanical, process instrumentation - Ability to interpret fabrication and assembly drawings - Knowledge of the aluminum smelter environment an asset
- Sense of planning and organization - Strong analytical and synthesis skills - Orientation to results - Big-picture-oriented overview - Ease of use Adaptation - Rigor - Creativity - Autonomy - Teamwork and collaboration