Klox is a private biomedical technology innovator that targets specific skin and soft tissue conditions by controlling the benefits of fluorescence generated energy to penetrate and manage the skin from within. The unique products we bring to the market stimulate the skin’s own biological processes and repair mechanisms, which demonstrate high safety and efficacy, helping clinicians improve patient outcomes without compromise.
Our technology induces Fluorescence Biomodulation (FB), which has shown to impact cellular signaling pathways in the skin. We research, develop, and commercialize solutions based on our fluorescence-generating technology for a growing and aging population that is seeking more effective and less invasive options to improve their health.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and motivated person ready for challenges to bring our new technology on the horizon. The incumbent will be reporting to the Sr. Director Research & Development and will be working at our Laval, Quebec offices.
The Systems Engineering will lead the organization’s new technology development and be a key contributor to the design and development of new FB products, including electro-mechanical systems. The successful candidate will have a diverse skill set and background in medical device development, including experience with advanced materials (ie: photoconverter substrates), mechanical design, electrical integrations, and/or test engineering. S/he will have the experience to integrate consumables, electro-optics, hardware, and software into a fully functional platform.
The Systems Engineer will successfully contribute to all technical aspects of the Product Development of platform expansions and/or breakthrough projects. S/he has sound technical judgment, a strong background in experimental modeling and/or laboratory work, and excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. The position is responsible for technical planning and implementing experimental work for completion of project milestones. Significant activities for this job include planning and execution of new technology assessments, conducting technology transfer, supporting product development / design control deliverables, and managing technical interfaces through unit, sub-system and integrated system testing. Applicants should have systems engineering experience and will have direct experience analyzing design requirements, providing performance predictions to identify technical issues and propose solutions, and executing verification/validation testing. The individual will be required to research root causes, provide timely resolutions and/or recommendations, and document.
- Managing the integration of Klox’s light sources and advanced materials platforms
- Cross-functional collaboration on product development teams
- Creating test methods and conducting tests to gauge the quality and performance of the overall technology platform
- Hands-on operations of laboratory equipment as well as management of a calibration & maintenance program for all laboratory equipment
- Supporting risk assessment (including failure mode analysis) & mitigation, root cause analyses, and process qualifications during technology and product development
- Participating in technology portfolio decisions and mechanism of action strategy
The list of responsibilities outlined above is representative and is not a complete list of tasks which may be performed by the employee in this position. New tasks may be performed to fulfill the development of the company's platform.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant field such as Biomedical Engineering, Advance Materials, Biophotonics, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Medical Physics, Physical Chemistry, etc.
- 5+ years experience working in medical device development at systems level, or equivalent
- Good document generation capabilities and understanding design control
- Strong root-cause analysis skills to troubleshoot issues and solve technology integration problems
- Proven ability of data analysis with various data analysis software packages such as Matlab, Minitab or other
- Excellent hands-on experience to create and conduct test methods and DOEs to mitigate system interface issues and implement test methods in manufacturing
- Strong attention to detail required
- Demonstrated ability to understand FDA regulations and other compliances
- Experience with wound care products considered a plus
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is imperative for this role
If you'd like to join our team, please send you CV to: