The ideal candidate is an enterprising person with the ability to work independently, pay close attention to detail, possess effective communication skills and excellent organizational skills. This position requires a meticulous person who is able to simultaneously manage multiple timelines and projects as well as technically supervise draftsmen and programmers. This position requires both theoretical knowledge of standards and codes as well as practical experience in commissioning industrial equipment. The ideal candidate must also have a high diagnostic capacity to put the systems into operation effectively.
- Plans electrical design phases;
- Develop electrical interconnection schemes;
- Develop control panel diagrams;
- Oversees the work of CAD designers and draws occasionally;
- Check and approve drawings;
- Validates the design according to CSA / UL standards;
- Analyze and apply project specific specifications;
- Makes electrical calculations of MCC / panel consumption;
- Selects the components of the control, instrumentation and power system such as MCC / PLC / HMI / VFD;
- Participate in project meetings;
- Technical support to customers / manufacturers;
- Dimensions motor protections and other loads;
- Develop the functional description of the system;
- Participate in programming and supervise the progress of PLC programmers;
- Participate in testing and debugging systems in the factory.
- Participate in system provisioning for clients.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Ability to travel abroad about 20% of the time;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in industrial control system design;
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI controllers and industrial networks;
- Member of OIQ.
- Fanuc robotics programming experience;
- Hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge;
- Experience with Siemens controllers and HMIs;
- Knowledge of E-plan and Autocad;
- Experience with the Rockwell Automation PlantPAX Programming Library.
Benefits and Benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Work on world-class projects;
- RRSP with the participation of the employer;
- Health Insurance;
- Generous vacation and personal time paid by the company;
- Flexible work schedule for optimal work-life balance.