For its Water Management Department, the City of Laval is looking for candidates to occupy a position of:
TECHNICAL ENGINEER - MECHANICS AND PROCESSES
How would you like to build a city with us?
In Laval, more than an engineer seal on plans, it is is your personal signature which you will affix on the city!
Would you like integrate a committed multidisciplinary team made up of professionals and technicians whose mission is to ensure the quality of the water in Laval?
The challenges that await you:
Under the authority of the immediate superior, the incumbent collaborates in the implementation and carrying out of projects and works related to the management of assets in the field of water treatment carried out under contract, under management and on the basis of management. To this end, he coordinates and ensures the technical and administrative link between the City, professionals and entrepreneurs. He provides applicants with all relevant information with regard to his area of expertise. In addition, in the context of certain work, the incumbent is responsible for sealing the plans and specifications in accordance with the provisions, laws and regulations of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
And more particularly:
- Writes technical documents (PFT) used to specify the scope of projects in his area of expertise as well as to prepare tender mandates for external consultants, when required;
- Develops, designs, prepares and approves (signs and seals plans and specifications) documents relating to the execution of the work when the City acts as project manager and can participate in the development technical solutions in progress of works. Prepares tender documents, analyzes submissions, submits reports and monitors work;
- Monitor projects and prepare various internal and external documents necessary for their achievements and ensure their compliance;
- Participate in project and site meetings during the various phases of a project, from the justification to the execution of the work, discuss with the engineers concerned, and ensures compliance with documents, such as, but not limited to: work schedule, compliance with the cost of work, additional work, etc .;
- Plans and coordinates, with the various departments, interruptions of service during the performance of work falling within its area of expertise;
- Ensures the application of standards, regulations, specifications and directives for the realization of projects or construction;
- Checks and approves plans, specifications and materials relating to the performance of work falling within his area of expertise, as well as the changes proposed during construction, when acting as project manager;
- Studies and analyzes any requests additional work and / or quantities and submits the relevant recommendations to their superior.
The profile sought:
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Have a bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably in the water sector;
- Have six (6) years of relevant experience in the function, in the municipal, industrial or consulting engineering field applied to the field of water treatment project management (prior studies project, definition of needs, design, monitoring ofsite and acceptance of deliverables), including the management of professional and technical service mandates of the same nature;
- Very good knowledge of water treatment and pumping systems;
- Good knowledge of construction project management;
- Have knowledge of applicable standards and codes;
- Have experience in the study and preparation of technical and contractual documents for multidisciplinary projects;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French;
- Good communication and autonomy;
- Have a valid driver's license and a vehicle available;
- Have a general health and safety card on construction sites issued by ASP construction
Here is what we offer you:
- A salary of up to $ 106,900 depending on experience;
- A permanent position with a full range of benefits;
- A schedule of work of 5 days a week (33.75 hours) allowing to reconcile work and personal life;
- An easily accessible workplace located at 1133 Montées Masson, Laval.
The City of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues.
In 2014, we launched the Rethink Laval process, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban in nature by 2035. This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today.
Working at the City of Laval, it is to believe in this vision. It means putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It's about being around dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too are part of the change.
Apply before November 20, 2020, by going to.
Ville de Laval has an access program equality in employment and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.