For its water management department, the city of Laval is looking for candidates to take care of:
Technical Engineer - Mechanics and Processes
THIS would you like to build a city with us?
In Laval, more than an engineer seal on plans, it's your personal signature that you will host on the city !
Would you like to integrate a multidisciplinary team engaged and consisting of professionals and technicians as a mission to ensure the quality of the water Laval territory?
The challenges await you:
Under the authority of the immediate superior, the holder collaborates with The implementation and construction of projects and works related to the management of assets in the field of water treatment implemented, in management and management. For this purpose, it coordinates and ensures the technical and administrative link between the city, professionals and entrepreneurs. It provides applicants with any relevant information regarding its area of expertise. In addition, in the context of certain work, the incumbent is responsible for sealing plans and quotes in accordance with the provisions, laws and regulations of the Order of Engineers of Quebec.
and more particularly:
- writes technical documents (PFT) to specify the scope of the projects in its area of expertise and to prepare tender mandates for external consultants, when required;
- develops, designs, prepares and approves (signs and seals the plans and quotes) documents relating to the execution of the work when the city acts as a project manager and can participate in the development technical solutions in progress of work. Proceeds with the preparation of tendering documents, bid analysis, submission reports and tracks work;
- ensures project tracking and prepares various internal and external documents needed for their Achievements and ensures their conformities;
- participates in project and construction meetings during the different phases of a project, the justification for the execution of the work, discusses with the engineers concerned, and ensures compliance with documents, such as, but not limited to: schedule of works, respect for the cost of work, additional works, etc.;
- plans and coordinates, with different services, Service interruptions upon completion of its field of expertise;
- ensures the implementation of the standards, regulations, quotations and guidelines for the realization of projects or the construction;
- checks and approves plans, specifications and materials relating to the completion of its field of expertise, as well as the proposed changes under construction, when it acts as a project manager;
- studies and analyzes any Request for additional work and / or quantities and submits the relevant recommendations to its superior.
The desired profile:
- be a member in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Possess a university degree degree in engineering preferably in the field of water;
- Possess six (6) years of experience relevant to the function, in the municipal, industrial or genius applied to the field of water treatment project management (studies of before- project, definition of needs, design, site surveillance and acceptance ofdeliverables), including the management of mandates of professional and technical services of the same nature;
- very good knowledge of water and pumping systems;
- Good knowledge of the management of construction projects;
- have knowledge of applicable standards and codes;
- have experience in study and preparation of technical and contractual documents of multidisciplinary projects;
- excellent knowledge of spoken French and written;
- good communication and autonomy;
- own a valid driver's license and a vehicle available;
- Possess a health card and general security on the construction sites issued by ASP Construction
Here's what we offer you:
- a salary up to $ 106,900 depending on the experiment;
- a permanent position with a full range of benefits;
- a work schedule of 5 days week (33.75 hours) to reconcile work and personal life;
- an easily accessible workplace located at 1133 mounted masson, laval.
The city of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, companies and organizations. This evolution brings great challenges and raises important issues.
In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval approach, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban nature In 2035. This vision is the compass which today guides the development of Laval.
Work in the city of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas for the citizen service. It's rubbed dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in the change.
Apply before October 5, 2021, by visiting the
The city of Laval applies a program to access equality into employment and invites women, the Visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to submit their application. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of special arrangements necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process