Are you passionate about state of the art technologies? Join Kontron Canada as an L2 Technical Support Specialist! We are looking for a dynamic and versatile candidate interested in micro-computing, electronics and embedded software. Please note that it is not a call center position.
Kontron is at the forefront of embedded computing technologies in industrial, medical, automotive and telecommunication industries to help our customers roll-out exciting new services for both enterprises and every-day consumers. Being part of our team means investing in exciting and diverse challenges in the most modern international markets.
You will be a technical expert helping our customers to implement our products within their architecture. If you want to pursue your training and have a fascinating career path that evolves with the cloud-based networking, then Kontron is the right place for you. Send us your cv.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
In order to facilitate the reading of this text, we have used the masculine as a neutral gender to designate both women and men.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHALLENGES AHEAD:
- You will provide technical expertise to support our sales force to promote interest in Kontron solutions and to help closing business;
- You will capture customers’ needs, identify and proactively tailor creative and innovative solutions to customers particular requirements while preserving profitability for both parties;
- You will manage a technical relationship with corporate customers while taking ownership of information research, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of the customer’s technical issues both in challenging dense server applications and software lifecycle maintenance;
- You will provide various services and world class technical expertise which may involve going at a corporate customer’s site, if needed;
- Finally, you will prepare and conduct technical trainings on latest Kontron solutions, tools and technologies, if needed.
YOU WILL IMPRESS US IF YOU HAVE:
- Education:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Specialization: Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- Experience: Ideally a minimum of 2 years in technical support or sustaining engineering activities, as well as network administration experience, mainly with servers and/or integrated solutions to services in virtualized environments (OpenStack, VMWare);
- Profile: Customer centric, strong communication and interpersonal skills, tact and firmness, self-motivated and determined, readily takes ownership, responsible with good organizational capacities, leadership, resourcefulness, works well under stress, ability to work effectively in a group or independently, and ready to travel a few times per year;
- Assets: Good knowledge of various virtualization and “Containers” technologies as well as orchestration tools for Cloud solutions (such as OpenStack, VMWare/vSphere, Kubernetes, docker) with administrative experience and troubleshooting of Linux-based systems, great understanding of the network stack (especially L2 and L3 technologies), processor boards, and/or integrated solutions based on Intel architecture in telecom/datacom, industrial, medical or other types of applications;
- Languages: Bilingual (English and French) written and spoken.
HOW ABOUT AN EXCEPTIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT INCLUDING:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- Good balance between work-family-personal life;
- Social and sports activities, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path in various sectors of activity;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…