Are you passionate about state of the art technologies? Join Kontron Canada as an L2 Technical Support Specialist! We are looking for a dynamic and versatile candidate interested in micro-computing, electronics and embedded software. Please note that it is not a call center position.
Kontron is at the forefront of embedded computing technologies in industrial, medical, automotive and telecommunication industries to help our customers roll-out exciting new services for both enterprises and every-day consumers. Being part of our team means investing in exciting and diverse challenges in the most modern international markets.
You will be a technical expert helping our customers to implement our products within their architecture. If you want to pursue your training and have a fascinating career path that evolves with the cloud-based networking, then Kontron is the right place for you. Send us your cv.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
- You will provide a technical expertise in order to promote the interest of customers in Kontron solutions;
- You will capture corporate customers’ needs, identify and propose creative and innovative solutions to customers particular requirements;
- You will manage the technical relationship with corporate customers, take ownership of information research, troubleshooting, diagnosis and technical problem solving;
- You will provide various services and world class technical expertise which may involve going at a corporate customer’s site, if sometimes needed;
- You will prepare and conduct technical trainings on the latest Kontron solutions, tools and technologies, if needed.
THE IDEAL SKILLS
- Education:Bachelor’s degree, Cegep degree or equivalent experience;
- Specialization: Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- Experience: Ideally 2 years in technical support or sustaining engineering activities, mainly in the area of computer hardware with a strong background in micro-computing, electronics and its embedded software (BIOS, etc.);
- Profile: Customer centric, strong communication and interpersonal skills, tact and firmness, self-motivated and determined, readily takes ownership, responsible with good organizational capacities, leadership, resourcefulness, works well under stress, ability to work effectively in a group or independently;
- Assets: Good understanding of processor boards, and/or integrated solutions based on Intel architecture in telecom/datacom, industrial, medical or other types of applications. Also, it would be interesting if the candidate has a great understanding of telecommunication service provider architecture and administrative experience and troubleshooting of Linux-based systems;
- Languages: English and French written and spoken.
We are proud to offer a motivating work environment as well as various benefits, among others:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including access to telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- A concern of a good balance between work-family-personal life;
- Social and sports activities for all tastes, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path with various possibilities of advancement;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- An annual professional fee reimbursement;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…