Are you passionate about state of the art technologies? Join Kontron Canada as a Technical Support Specialist! We are looking for a dynamic and versatile candidate interested in Linux environments, networking and cloud secrets.
Kontron Canada is at the forefront of hardware and software virtualization technologies that help service providers in the telecom, wireless, cloud and video markets to roll-out exciting new services for both enterprises and every-day consumers. Being part of our team means investing in exciting and diverse challenges in the most modern international markets.
For our end-customers, you will be a technical expert who helps deploy services successfully using a market-leading portfolio of cloud computing hardware (288 real CPU cores in a 2U rack space) and complementary virtualization and cloud technologies. This includes the support of customers who operate SDN "Software Defined Network" solutions such as Openstack and VMWare. If you want to pursue your training and have a fascinating career path that evolves with the cloud-based networking, then Kontron is the right place for you. Send us you cv.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
- You will provide technical expertise in the design and support of our fully integrated cloud infrastructure platforms and other technologies while working with our sales force to promote interest in Kontron solutions and to help closing business;
- You will capture customers’ needs, identify and proactively tailor creative and innovative solutions to customers particular requirements while preserving profitability for both parties;
- You will manage technical relationship with the corporate customer while taking ownership of information research, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of the customer’s technical issues both in challenging dense server applications and software lifecycle maintenance;
- You will provide various services and world class technical expertise which may involve going at a corporate customer’s site, if needed;
- You will prepare and conduct technical trainings on latest Kontron solutions, tools and technologies, if needed.
the ideal skills
- Education:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Specialization: Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- Experience: Ideally a minimum of 2 years in technical support or sustaining engineering activities, as well as network administration experience, mainly with servers and/or integrated solutions to services in virtualized environments (OpenStack, VMWare);
- Profile: Customer centric, strong communication and interpersonal skills, tact and firmness, self-motivated and determined, readily takes ownership, responsible with good organizational capacities, leadership, resourcefulness, works well under stress, ability to work effectively in a group or independently, and ready to travel a few times per year;
- Assets: Good knowledge of various virtualization and “Containers” technologies as well as orchestration tools for Cloud solutions (such as OpenStack, VMWare/vSphere, Kubernetes, docker) with administrative experience and troubleshooting of Linux-based systems, great understanding of the network stack (especially L2 and L3 technologies), processor boards, and/or integrated solutions based on Intel architecture in telecom/datacom, industrial, medical or other types of applications;
- Languages: Bilingual (English and French) written and spoken.
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER A MOTIVATING WORK ENVIRONMENT AS WELL AS VARIOUS BENEFITS, AMONG OTHERS:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- A concern of a good balance between work-family-personal life;
- Social and sports activities for all tastes, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path with various possibilities of advancement;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- An annual professional fee reimbursement;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…