The objective of the Place des Arts Society of Montreal is to operate a performing arts distribution undertaking and to manage the Place des Arts in Montreal, the Fernand-Lindsay Amphitheater in Joliette and to establish artistic programming in the Maison symphonique for organizations other than the Orchester symphonique de Montréal. These activities are particularly intended to provide a place of residence for major arts organizations, to promote accessibility to various forms of performing arts and to promote artistic and cultural life in Québec. It produces, co-produces and hosts Canadian and international artistic works featuring emerging artists as well as international stars in collaboration with arts organizations, producers, creators and the entire cultural community.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently looking for someone to fill the position of Supply Coordinator in the Finance and Accounting team. In this role, you will assume the responsibilities arising from the procurement of goods and services for the entire Place des Arts (hereinafter "Company"). You will also act as advisor to the various services of the Company in terms of invitations to tender so that the process complies with the policy of authorization of the contracts of the Company and the Law on the contracts of public organizations.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
· Coordinate procurement activities and make certain purchases of goods and services
· Communicate with suppliers to follow up, schedule deliveries, solve problems
· Analyze and process requests for goods and services from different internal stakeholders and make the necessary data entries into the accounting system to convert them into orders
· Act as resource person for the application of the Public Agency Contracts Act and its regulations and for the Corporation's contract approval policy
· Research, evaluate and recommend potential suppliers based on the needs of the Company and adhering to the Contract Authorization Policy
· Be responsible for the invitation and public invitation process in collaboration with the various departments
· Advise the various departments on tendering and participate in drafting documents when necessary
· Ensure that tenders comply with the Public Agencies Contracts Act and the Corporation's Contract Authorization Policy; Keep an eye on updates to the laws and regulations affecting supply that affect the Company
· Acting as secretary of the Corporation's selection committees and fulfilling the responsibilities of holding them
· Attend and analyze bid openings to ensure they meet the criteria of the bid solicitation
· Ensure the preparation of contracts resulting from calls for tenders and issue subsequent riders, if applicable
· Perform the required publications in the Government of Quebec electronic tendering system (SEAO)
· Ensure the accountability required by the Treasury Board Secretariat for
· Ensure continuous improvement of procurement processes and activities and ensure they follow good practices
· Perform any other related tasks.
· Have a college diploma or diploma (or certificate) relevant to the job
· Have a minimum of (5) years of experience in the procurement field. Part of this experience gained in the Quebec public sector would be an asset
· Good knowledge of the Office suite, including Excel and Word
· Have a very good knowledge of French and a good knowledge of English, both orally and in writing
· Knowledge of public sector tendering software (SEAO) an asset
· Knowledge of Virtuo accounting software an asset
· Knowledge of the Public Agency Contracts Act and its regulations an asset
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Problem solving skills
· Rigor, autonomy and attention to detail
· Great sense of organization and priority management
We will accept applications until July 28, 2019.
The Place des Arts Society of Montreal operates an Equal Opportunity Employment Program and encourages women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.